Check your roots..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Husky42, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Its freaking important if your growing in soil...

I got some bad soil and never even realized it until it was nearly too late. Expensive organic soil and i ended up with a very very nasty Root Aphid infestation that I'm now fighting.. All damage i "thought" was nute related.. has been because of these fuckers.

In short, always at least check the roots on one plant to make sure you do not have bugs, i should have done this first.. would have saved some money for sure.

2. How do you get rid of them? I have some holes on my leaves..

3. Right now I'm using SNS 203 and Neem Oil Extract along with Spinosad on the foliar areas after I apply SNS or Neem - I'm going to be rotating the neem and SNS until they are all gone.

I just applied SNS 203 about 2 hours ago and my clones are all looking better. The one girl that was infested pretty bad already had a ton of dead bugs on the top as they tried to run but they got to the top found gnat traps, sticky paper and spinosad covered foliage.

From what I can gather, Root Aphids are not easy to deal with the SNS worsk well, ther eare some other harsher things out there that i refuse to try thus far.

4. wow, what soil are you using?
    hope the SNS works, I have some on the shelf waiting, but haven't had to use it yet.