Check out this movie

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Theres a movie that I think ALL of you need to see.
    I won't type any details about this movie for you guys. Becuase it will give it away.

You just need to see it.
    Sure you can search online, sure you can read transcripts about the movie---but I don't suggest you do.
    I suggest you see the movie--you can download it if you want to.

After I say the movie title--thats all I'm gonna say.
    The movie is intense, focused, new, original, crazy, awesome, really makes you think.

Movie title:

Waking Life

pz :)

2. if I havent heard of it and dont know what its about i probly wont see it :)

when did it come out

3. you HAVE to see it.
    It came out a couple of years ago or so now I think.

Its a very good movie--has some pretty instense crazy discussions about dreaming, waking, waking into a false waking state, death, afterlife, just crazy stuff like that.
    :)

4. I bet I can top it.

I have a movie called "minds eye"

It's just a huge ongoing clip of computer animations from the early 90's and late 80's.. most trippy thing ever.

5. waking life is hand drawn anime over real life cinimtography.
    Ya gotta see it ;) :)

And ya--I'll check out minds eye for sure.

pz

6. I dont know if you will be able to find it, seems really "underground".. and really old, I dont think its actually a movie (like rentable or buyable)

7. I'll search for it.
    Either over bit torrent, or some other sources.
    :)

8. oooh that is it, not the one I have tho.. its older than that version

you use bittorrent? me too

I have:

3rd Rock From the Sun (all seasons)
    Family Guy (all seasons)
    That 70s show (1st, 6th, 7th seasons)
    Dilbet (season 1)
    Hey Arnold (season 1)
    American Dad (season 1)

9. waking life is an AMAZING MOVIE.
    basically they film everything in normal film, then they change it to make everything look animated.
    the movie itself is about this guy whos dreaming, and he's trapped inside his dreams, but he knows he is... its hard to explain, but its a brilliant movie. definately see it.
    but btw, DO NOT see it on shrooms or something like that, i wouldnt anyways, it'd fuck me up.

10. I have seen "waking life" befor a couple of years ago. Dont really remember it just remember it was really really cool!

11. Fuck yeah dude, I dled Waking life a while back man, at first the animation ticked me off, but I eventually got used to it, I ended up fucking loving that movie, infact I used the "freedom of choice" thing today, it really seems to piss everyone off, but whatev, good shit.

Anyway, that was one of the reason I got interested in Calea, the dreaming, dreaming is the best shit, ever, better than any drug I've ever done. ;)

12. man i would love to be able to control my dreams and stuff. i really like the animation/art that's in it. and the topics and conversatiosn that all the characters speak on are really interesting and definitely do make you think a lot. i watched it stoned and i had a hard time keeping up with it cause i was geeking out pretty bad. but when i saw it sober i really payed more attention to the dialogue instead of like the crazy ass shit going on.

13. ya---I recomend to see this movie when sober.
    Being fucked up and trying to understand the conversations e.t.c. can prove to be pretty diffucult.

However after seeing it a couple of times sober--see it hella fucked up on some woodrose seeds or somthing; lol.

pz

14. well... anybody who likes psychadelics... will most likely love this movie. even if you dont its very good im dling an extra copy with my azureus... i bought one but i deleted the dvd player off my comp by reformatting ... so i just dled it

15. actually you can control your dreams... i can do it but it takes a lot of practice.

16. i got the movie off of bearshare lite last night, im about to start watching it!