Check out the scenery

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by whos_gotherb311, Nov 13, 2008.

1. So theres a longboard skateboard company that is making a mini series about longboarding in remote, crazy wilderness areas. They just released the first episode and the crew is skating down some Colorado mountains, and a thunderstorm/blizzard comes in during the middle of it. Some wicked scenery and good skating, the video is defnitly worth checking out for the visuals alone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xwlhgrOWmU"]YouTube - Longboard Mini-Series EP1: Western Sessions "Thunder Snow"[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. That's sick man, thanks!

3. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm more interested in the car then the boards though. haha.

4. #4 wraughbit, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    I've got a video to compliment. :smoke:

this is my favorite part of biking. how ever my top speed is only 72km/h, these guys PEDAL down as fast as they can! hahaha It's tight, try to watch it all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejG5m3dxJA"]YouTube - Extreme road bike downhill video[/ame]

edit: I was even able to pedal at 72km/h and still be making a difference in power(like these guys pedaling at 45 mph. these bikes have incredible gearing. so addicting. :D

5. That was way cool man . I have actually been in that area in Colorado , if I am correct it's near a place called " Frisco " Colorado a mountain pass area at 9000 feet altitude . The area they were at is near this city . I was there when a big semi lost it's double trailer load of gasoline , the wreck made a super big snow slushy that closed down the freeway there .

We had to park it and wait while a hazmat team came in from Denver to clean up this potential slushy fire ball .

As we waited ( 4 hours ) a blizzard started and as we sat inside the vehicle as the time passed we were first surprised to see a huge herd of elk parade by us , this was unreal as some would actually check us out in our vehicle . Then a huge herd of deer with same scenario as they passed us , then.......... a herd of reindeer and lastly a herd of big horn sheep .

As the blizzard passed and the herds disappeared we headed into the area those skateboarders video'd there downhill fun .

Thanks for that video .

Aloha

Local Boy