Check out my monster plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Beals82, Aug 5, 2016.

1. image.jpeg I've been reading a lot about topping, but am not sure if I should do it. This is my first time growing and need some advice. I planted seeds April 12th in Colorado, and now they are monsters. All I have done is trim them almost every week since. One is 5 foot and the other is 4 foot. Should I top them? When should they start budding? How much will they produce?

• Like Like x 2

2. Calm down.. Just let them grow.. Yield depends a lot on the quality of the medium, quality of the genetics, how well cared for they are, environmental conditions ect. They already look pretty bushed out topping will only slow the growth and increase the tops, and it looks like you have plenty tops.

3. They are perfect the way they are
    May want to build a cage or trellis around them to support the weight of the buds when them form

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im gonna 2nd this...u better at least read bout it...or consider pulling top half of plants n couple wks later pulling all bottom branches

5. Is there any pre flower??

6. No pre flower yet. I'm hoping it starts soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have been flowering 2-3 weeks at 5800' in Colorado. Yours look like they will start to flower this week as I zoomed in on pic. Check out my grow journal.

8. My plants are in a spot where they get a lot of sun. This is a picture from this morning. If it's pre flowering, I can't tell...

Attached Files:

9. I will upload some pics this morning to my journal so you can see where I am at. Remember, some plants flower quicker than others.

Attached Files:

11. I can't see the pictures they won't load!? Any tiny white Piths up the stem or at the ends of the colas... They need close to 12 hours light 12 hours total darkness to follower properly! Also a good ph of water too! Buy a ph tester on eBay for £9 prob around $12. Keep any water you give them to ph 6-6.5. And buy some feed preferably some stage 2 or bloom feed! That will help them start to flower!
    Your plants are great size and your at the perfect time of the year for the light schedule!
    Try get some more pictures for us to see :)

12. Yep outdoors is my favorite. :D

20160808_173316.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DO NOT TOP! You have passed that point it's flower time, I would not top past the first week of July outdoors personally. Just let them do their thing. Look very very close at tops for small white hairs growing, its middle of August and if your in Colorado you should see them. Also look for male traits if your not seeing the hairs. Let us know! Btw they look green so your good

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. The flowering is starting. white hairs are starting to grow on both plants. The strain is 97-sage. I'm really excited to see how much it yields and how strong it will be.

Attached Files:

15. @Beals82
    Bud time is caterpillar time.. I don't know how bad your local moth population is but in So Cal it's a nightmare of bud worms.. I MUST spray BT every week or they'll ruin the whole crop..
    I threw away 4 pounds of caterpillar infested beautiful weed my first year outside..
    [​IMG]
    A zapper will limit the moths in the first place..
    [​IMG]
    BT is sold under a dozen brand names but it's all the same stuff.. It's a very short life biological not a long lasting chemical pesticide so it needs to be applied quite often..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. How can you tell if I have this problem? I see moths no and then but nothing crazy.

17. Beals82..
    You won't know you have an issue till late in flower when the buds start dying off for no reason..
    [​IMG]
    Each dead spot will have a fat caterpillar at the base where it chewed off the buds stem..
    [​IMG]
    Whole top lost on this plant..
    If you've got moths in your porch lights you'll have bud worms in your plants.. Most of the world has the little bastards..
    The trouble is they get down deep in the plant when small and if you don't spray every week they get protected deep in the plant and subsequent spraying doesn't reach them.. It's not a contact spray they have to actually eat part of the sprayed plant to ingest the BT where it destroys their ability to digest more plant..
    I didn't know I had trouble till 2 days after trimming and hanging the plants.. Then the catties started to pour out by the dozens at first then by the hundreds.. Every place they crap[ will leave a mold spot.. It's a freaking nightmare if you don't take steps to prevent it..
    This is the South West so I don't know your local conditions but it's really bad here..
    Most of the west coast growers I talk with have the same issues from San Diego to Seattle
    BNW