Check out my grow room set-up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by basketballdude, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hey I need some pointers and advise on my grow room. I have some questions here's a little digram of the grow area which is a work shop connected to the house:

[---]---------------]---------]
    [---]______Y1_____]-------]
    [---]-------------------------]
    [---]-------------------------] X3
    [---]-Y3----------------------]
    [---]-X2----------------------] X4
    [---]--------------------------] X5
    [---]_______________Y4__]

On the left there is a walkway which is totally fenced off which is where I will keep my dog. The right side connects to the house on the 1st floor. The workshop is next to the 1st floor suite on the bottom floor. There is also a top suite in the house.

X1: WINDOW FOR GROW ROOM: Leads out to walkway I will have the extractor fan set up in this window. Its one of those windows which slides side to side and is about 20 inches in length, 25-30 inches wide.

Y1: WOODEN LOCKED DOOR FOR GROW ROOM

Y2: STEEL LOCKED DOOR FOR WORKSHOP

Y3: WOODEN LOCKED DOOR FOR WORKSHOP

X3: WINDOW CONNECTED TO BATHROOM IN SUITE

X2: WINDOW CONNECTED TO SUITE WALKWAY FROM WORKSHOP

X4: WINDOW CONNECTED FROM SUITE HALLWAY TO WORKSHOP

Y4: BARRICADED WOOD DOOR TO FRONT YARD INTO WORKSHOP

X5: WINDOW TO UPPER SUITE PART OF HOUSE (WILL BE SEALED AND BLOCKED SO NO ONE CAN SEE IN)

So I hope that makes sense. I live in the house with my tenants I live in the downstairs part of the house, the suite. And they do not have access to the workshop there is no way they can get in unless they tried to kick a door down or something.

Basically to get air flowing in and out I planned on using the extractor fan on X1. To get air flowing into the grow room I would open door Y1 and the window X2 which connects to the lower suite. Inside the suite I would open a window in the kitchen or bedroom would that work for air flow? I was also considering using a C02 generator I also have access to alot of seltzer water and carbonated water I was planning on experimenting on watering my plants with a spray bottle.

Like I said before my tenants live upstairs. Above the grow room/work shop is a sun deck upstairs which is outside. I planned on using a charcoal filter, white mylar polyester on the walls, small tubs of vinegar to mask the smell. Do you think my tenants would notice the smell if I used all that?

Also since the workshop is only 1 floor with a deck above it would the police heat detecting helicopters be able to find a heat signature? I understand if you had a tool shed for example the police can find the heat from the lights with their helicopters.

I'm also concerned running that much power and equipment of some kind of electrical fire. Of course in the first 2 weeks when the lights are on 24/0 I won't be able to stay at my house 24/7. Will all that equipment be OK if I leave the house like that is there a big risk of a fire?

The strain is Northern Lights #5 with 6 plants on a 1000W HPS: Flowering takes 6-8 weeks, Height 100-150 cm (5 feet), Yield is up to 125 grams. The grow room is about 7.5-8 feet high, 5-6 feet wide, 11.5 feet long. Here are all the supplies I plan on purchasing:

- Mylar or white paint
    - Charcoal Filter
    - High output extractor fan
    - 1 HPS 1000 W light with china hat (???)
    - 1-2 oscilating fan
    - Fertilizer NPK ratio 20-10-10, 10-8-5
    - 6 Peat moss pots
    - plastic
    - fire extinguisher
    - 6 pots (5 gallon)
    - Thermometer
    - Digital pH meter
    - EC meter
    - flowering fertilizer PK 13/14 during 6th week of flowering
    - lighting timer
    - smoke detector
    - de-humidifier
    - c02 generator: I plan on buying the one with the rubber tubing that goes around the room and sprays C02 on the plants but i'm still not sure if I should buy one or not

Eventually after 6-8 months after I start my grow room I plan on putting steel doors in every entrance as well as another seperate alarm on the door to the grow room. The house also has a fence around it with locked gates on both entrances. If you guys can help answer these question and give any other suggestions I would REALLY appreciate that. Thanks alot.

2. lol why didnt you use _ and | ¿¿

3. Haha i'm not sure. I hope the diagram still makes sense. I just really need help with this I posted the same thing in absolute beginners and didn't get much of a response. These are really important questions I hope I can get someone to help me out. :(

4. i cant read it sorry. try doin it in ms pait. itll work better