Check out my giant

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by ScriabinAnime, Nov 30, 2012.

1. #1 ScriabinAnime, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Squash

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FEpkqWy4Y]Squash harvest - YouTube[/ame]

That ticking in the end is firecrackers cooking in the oven. The crackers on the table were the first batch that came out :p

2. #2 oceansgreen, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    nice:)
    zucchini right

growing methods?

3. It said "Summer Squash" on the seed packet

I grew the squash in the main area where my dog poops, so it was mega fertile.

I began the sprout, as with all my sprouts, in a little dirt container inside. Once the sprout was a bit bigger, i set the container outside. Once the sprout was a bit larger, I dug a very large hole (about 2 feet deep and 2 feet wide and filled it with the surrounding fertile dirt. I then put the sprout in, and it grew very quickly. Of all the plants I grew this season, this squash was the easiest to grow on its own: I never had to water it or tend to it, and it grew very large in short time.

4. ^awesome, i suspect the dog shit is the main reason it grew well, was it an old spot or was he still shittin there?

i'd be hesitant to eat food from a place that had recently been shat on for fear of transmitted pathogens, but older spots that have aged are nothi9ng but gold mines:)

5. Heheh It's mostly old, as my dog is much older now and has abandoned his previously well tamed shitting location, and now shits everywhere in the yard instead of one area. I personally don't think harm would come from a frequent shit area anyway.

The reason I think it grew so well was because I prepared for its future roots by digging a much larger hole of what would normally be unrootable clay, and replaced it with fertile dirt, so the plant could have a future growth. Most people just plant something in the dirt and expect it to take off in an area that may not be too fertile and aerated

6. Are you serious:)