Check out my babies, 1st indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alwaysgotgreen, Jun 2, 2008.

1. hey my fellow grasscity tokers, i have two 26w cfls in a Rubbermaid storage bin. i figured heat would be my main concern, so i have two computer fans for an exhaust, one for an intake through the bottom, and one fan blowing directly at the canopy. making a total of four fans. i mounted the lights at the highest point i could get them, because i have the pots sitting on crates and thought i could lower the pots accordingly. i have them in Dixie cups right now but what i plan on doing is getting some shallow but wide pots to transplant them in so i will have as much vertical room as possible to grow with. there are five in there now but i wanna keep two or three.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good my dude ! ! !

were gona be :smoke: that along with the Goo all day

3. those 2 little bulbs wont support 5 plants for long

4. Ya im only trying to keep 2 or 3 in there but im going to be getting two 42w cool whites in a couple weeks to flower with. :smoke:

5. shallow pots are beat. MJ loves vertical root space.

6. How long do you plan on staying in that container?

7. the dixie cups?, only a couple more days then i want to transplant.

8. Meant the rubbermaid container?

9. I was trying to complete the whole grow in there by training the plants to be more like bushes. if i started flowering in like two weeks, do you think that would be possible?

10. If you want your plants to grow more like bushes, you're going to need more space than that. If you want to keep them in that container you should keep your lower branches trimmed so that growth in concentrated upward, toward the kola, and you don't have crowding or ventilation problems.
    Also, you might want to think about upping your wattage for flowering 50% or so and going for some better ventilation, as you're going to want to be able to hang your lights as close to your canopy as possible.

EDIT: Do you plan on keeping all 6 in there? Are you vegging 24/0?

11. I only plan on keeping two, possibly three, and having a little over 100 watts.

12. Right on then. You might want 125w for maximum yield potential, but it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    What light cycles are you planning on using for vegging? If you want your plants to bush out a little you could top them and have two primary growth kolas, but doing so costs your plant repair time, so you're going to want to be doing 24/0 if you're going to have any hope of starting flowering in two weeks.

13. ive been vegging on 24/0 for 2 weeks now

14. Cool, how are they looking?

15. Transplant Into 10" Pots Bro, But Other Than That Good Job, Good Luk.

16. they are looking great, i keep the lights like an inch away so they will grow faster and wont strech. will i have to go with a 10inch pot in hight or could i pull off something wide but not to tall?

17. best u gotta keep them small &flower real early u wont need huge pots maybe a gallon but sh6t the 1st 2 plants i every grew were in 2liter bottles and they grew 1ft 1/2 tall but they were males

18. ya dude i figured i would have to flower in like 2 weeks to keep them small but im thinking about taking the time to train them:smoke:

19. Cool grow, i was actually thinking of doing the same.

I just put 5 seeds into germination like 1 hour ago.

20. looks good congrats on the first grow.

keep it green...
    ~In1