Check My Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BriefAmazingDro, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Well for my first time round as much as I wish I could go with a hydroponics setup i won't. I decided soil is the best bet for my first time but here is what ive got so far

Supplies:
    2-85W cfls (350watt incandescent) 6500k
    2-85w cfls (--) 3000k
    2-16w cfls 5000k
    2-15w cfls 2700K

1 volvo carbon cabin filter (i hope this works to filter the smell)
    1-(thermometer for soil)
    1-20in by 3 foot by 6foot mylar professional growing tent
    On the to get list:
    1-Timer
    1-power surge protector strip
    1-fan (not sure of the size yet but its going to be put into the ventilation duct on the grow tent.
    Pots for the plants
    Soil -still reasearching but i have an idea
    4 lamps to hold my cfls I need to hit up walmart or the home depot
    and finally 1 ph testing kit so I dont kill my plants

My seeds are coming from some gigantus (big bud) I picked up a while back. I finally decideed to spend some money for what I have decided is part of my lifestyle. Anyway I decided on soil instead of water just because of the things that can go wrong with a hydro kit suck as the electricity going out which happens quite a bit on the eastern shores of georgia. I have read into LST and harvesting so im pretty much set. Anyone else know what I could use? or if I need more light. Coments would be appreciated. And this is going to go into my attic so anyone know if cfls tend to overheat or catch on fire.....cause i don't want to be burning with the bud I burn :p

2. hey, you dont say how many plants so no1 will have any idea if thats enough light, also PH testing kits aint to accurate, you really want a PH tester/meter, & no CFL's dont get that hot & dont catch fire, i doubt so many would use them if they did lol