Cheating and not telling

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Lilpaypay24, Jan 8, 2013.

1. At its core, cheating is just immature.

2. Getting cheated on fucking hurts.

3. Are you cheating on someone? Yes its wrong exteemly wrong.... would you like it if your bf was telling you he loved you wouldnt hurt you secretly only to be fucking other girls behinde your back you being ignorant.... you feel like an idiot when someone finally tells you... and then you dont wsnt to believe you confront thwm.andnthey lie more. Bu slowly youbstart o take account for everything howntheybhave been acting, nor seeing you on weekends... you finally realize your emotions are being toyed with ans it rips ypur soul apart. How could someone care so little for me whennthey said theyb wouldnt hurt me... you lose trust in so many people and eventuslly only see the negatove aspects ofnhavongba relarionship its not fun anymore and you just lose yourself. Haha

4. is it cheating if the other person gives you permission to seek others?

5. i dont think most of you understand the situation as much as you like to make yourselves out to.

ive been on both ends. and sadly, this situation is entirely situational.

if that makes sense.

there ARE times when its wrong, there are times when it wasnt wrong at all, but it wasnt right either.

it really depends on a lot of things weather or not you take that next step.

6. #27 alpo, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Whoa these are issues...

7. go fuck carl again

8. Hahahaha

9. If you cheat and don't tell your partner, you are taking away their right to choose how they feel about it. Forget if you can live with it. You're taking away their right to choose if they can live with it or not.

One of my old friends cheated on her bf and now they're married. He told her if she ever cheated it would be over, so she never told him. Now she's miserable because she knows her marriage is a sham and if he ever knew the truth, he wouldn't be there. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

10. I've never cheated but I have wronged people before and kept it a secret and carried the guilt around. It is no fun. I'd imagine having that dark cloud over your head would be unbearable. I think the more secrets you keep and the more lies you tell add to you slowly but surely becoming a different person. It's better to just be honest and upfront and deal with the consequences.

11. Just curious what you mean by "wronged" instead of "cheated"

12. Depends.

But I can't find it in my heart to cheat on someone. If someone cheated on me, I'd remove them from my life in a second and never regret it.

13. Consciously it's wrong, I mean the person that got cheated on would obviously be hurt if they were to find out..
    ...But them never knowing and remaining with the person or whatever is terrible.
    I can't really talk, I've..erhm..uhh......:eek:

14. Yeah, cheating is wrong, whether you tell or not. Of course its wrong.

if you're hoping GC is going to give you permission to go cheat on your significant other without feeling guilty, that's not gonna happen.

Though I would say that if the relationship is serious, the cheating was a one time thing that YOU WILL NEVER DO AGAIN, and that other person would be hurt by knowing about it, it may be better not to tell. But you still did something bad. It isn't okay. You should feel guilty. Even though that person still thinks they can trust you, you know that they can't.

Don't cheat. That's a horrible thing to do.

P.S. If monogamy just doesn't work for you, then maybe you could set up a polyamorous relationship. but you have to talk about that beforehand, lay down rules, and ake sure that they are agreed upon. You can't make up the situation in your head and not tell your significant other that is wrong.

I personally am not the jealous type. If my significant other wanted to have sex with someone else, I would not have a problem with it as long as they asked my permision first, made sure they weren't getting diseases, and if I was allowed do do the same. In my opinion, it's not cheating if it's not against the rules.
    But those rules have to actually be agreed upon first, otherwise it is wrong.

15. Don't tell if you can keep it to yourself

16. I've never cheated and never been cheated on so this statement is totally unbiased. Anyone who cheats on their partner is a dishonest and weak person that has no self control. Anyone who cheats and continues to date their partner, acting like nothing has happened, is a scumbag and a coward in my opinion. I've lost good friends because they cheated and thereby lost any shred of respect I once had for them. In absolutely any consensual situation it is your duty to end a relationship before pursuing another interest.

17. I've never cheated,never have an never will,I've done some foolish things..an made plenty of mistakes but cheated never ever,I couldn't live with the guilt,besides whoever I'm with I would love/care for to much to ever feel the need to replace them with someone else for whatever reason,if I wasn't happy I'd just walk away as hard as that may be..but to become a cheater never goin..when I make a commitment to someone I keep it!

18. I have a strong affinity for monogamy.

Fortunately im single so fuck that. bahahaha

19. if you're going to cheat at least have some dignity and decency to tell the person you cheated on!