Cheapish HP performance/appearance boosts?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by daTrueSasquatch, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ohh no, lol I don't OWN a shop, I just meant the shop that I use for things I need done. but I think I may save the engine mods for last because of fund shortages.

2. The more I read threads in this section, the more I realize people don't know shit about cars, and will talk out of their ass to make people think they do.

$1000 budget, on a 4 popper rsx.

$50 - Fix paint on hood
    $600 - Get some new wheels, and tires.
    $100 - Tint your windows
    $250- Bank.

If I were you, I would leave it at that.

I wouldn't do any go-fast parts on your vehicle. It's just more shit that's decreasing the longevity ofyour motor. Not to mention it'd be a waste of money,

Give it a classy personal touch with the wheels and tires, spend some on paint, then save the rest.

3. #23 PreRunner, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Custom headers, and an all stainless exhaust? Why?
    1. Aluminized exhaust is much more economical.
    2. The fuck would you buy a full header back system for a daily beater 4 popper?

You're trying to convince this guy to go out for a totally new fuel delivery system when everything else is bone stock? Not to mention the factthat it'd blow his budget out with injectors alone.

4. #24 GoneWithTheWeed, Aug 7, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, you gotta remember that its the internet and everybody is a ase master tech and you can't tell them nothing lol. Its a base rsx save your money and use it for a downpayment later on a car that's worth modifying.

5. #25 daTrueSasquatch, Aug 7, 2011
    i like this idea a lot. i don't really have the budget for engine mods right now. although $600 for all new feet sounds real cheap i've been looking around online and cant find many 4 sets for any less than 800.

6. #26 Hydroriffic, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    sell it and buy a car.

Not sure bout the rsx but most hondas drive like shit. Buy something german, vw or bmw.

but get some suspension mods, stiffn the chasis up, then get engine mods..... a fast car sucks if u cant do a corner at lightspeed.

7. What he said, but keep it American and you wont have to pay 800 dollars for a muffler and 500 to get your oil changed haha. Maybe those price estimates are somewhat steep, but I know for a fact that they DO cost substantially more to work on and maintain. .

8. K&N Intake+get one of those ebay N1 mufflers or w/e they're called. Call it done after that.

9. #29 PreRunner, Aug 9, 2011
    Who has an $800 muffler? Mufflers for 18 wheelers don't cost that much.

I change my oil for $30. Where's the $500 come into play?

10. Rip out the extra seats and tint your windows black =p weight saved+appearance

11. just remember this as a guideline. Not exactly correct, but close enough:

every 100lbs = 10hp

12. Cheapish HP performance is the title of this thread idiot. Fuel injectors are not 250 dollars a piece.

13. Sell it and buy a 'Maro ;)...

Cold air intake, 35% tint, a nice 12" Type R or something, don't do illegal/heat shit if you always carry shit on you.. Don't make it typical ricer either lol.

14. Never heard this. General rule of thumb is for each 100 pounds shaved off = .1 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile

If you aren't planning on putting some serious power adders I wouldn't bother gutting an otherwise stock RSX to "reduce weight"..save the mods for a more performance oriented car.

15. Intake, exhaust, don't cut the fucking springs, buy new performance springs..

16. #36 PreRunner, Aug 11, 2011
    Well, first I was trying to help him save money for what kind of car, second he did say he liked my idea of all the others that said intake, exhaust, springs, whatever.

Kudos to you asshat.

If you're not payin more than $100 an injector than you're buying shit.

17. more like every 100 lbs= .01 of a second. . .;)

18. All white everything, chrome feet on dubs?

19. Florida doesn't have inspection. Dirty oil could be spraying out of your exhaust, and nobody gives a shit. You can do anything to your car here, pretty much.

20. dont rice out your car. keeping it clean and simple is the way to go. also dont buy stupid cold air intakes, header, exhaust, u dont get much power for the money u spend. instead if you can get a 04-05 model you can do kpro. probably the cheapest way for power.