Cheapest way to get to Amsterdam? HELP!

Discussion in 'General' started by Colin Kill You, Jan 27, 2009.

1. yes yes sarcastic people i know that it is flying. However with prices so high right now for flights where am I going to get the best deal?

I will be leaving from LAX at the end of june for about a week and a half trip to the dam (yes i know the most expensive time). Now i have gone many times but mainly during off season times where it is cheap. But paying 1400 in plane tickets just sucks!

Where can i get the best deals? Expedia, orbitz, priceline etc? An actual local travel agent? I heard u can be a courier and deliver a package for companies and it will save you some money.

GUYS HELP ME OUT!!

and thank you in advance!

2. The best deals are usually through the airlines themselves. Expedia, orbitz and travelocity have good deals too, especially if book a hotel too, but for just flights the airlines almost always have the best prices. You can also try www.bt-store.com. I've gotten good prices through them too.

You're right though, June IS the most expensive time of year to go there, and tickets are going to be expensive no matter what.

3. I feel so sorry for you man a bus ride to the dam for me is about £40, hope you have a good time!

4. haha. yeah i went about 3 years ago in february and i think it was like 575 round trip.

pretty shitty.

so just go to their own websites or what?

5. Are you from the UK?

Enlighten me...

6. no he lives a couple houses down the street from me in California.

7. and thanks for the BTS link. so far shaved off 185 bucks off the best one i could find.

8. hahah that one had me laughin.

9. Just make sure that's the price INCLUDING taxes. Taxes are a killer on flights.

10. If you live in a big city or a place that has a lot of colleges try to travel thru the colleges agencies. I know that in D.C. GW university has this travel agency that has sick deals to places all over the world. Then once in Amsterdam buy a cheap used bike!

11. in amsterdam i just walk. its totally doable.
    especially if u are staying near barnies.
    best coffee shop ever.

12. the cheapest way would to swim.....a bit risky, but hey,

$0!!!!

13. You're forgetting food costs, at least 10$. Thats three days worth of Wendy's double stacks.

14. Not in Amsterdam it's not. $10 will buy you a tiny glass of coke and a grilled cheese sandwich.

15. If you have a friends, or family that works at airlines/airport. They might give you cheap tickets.

My cousin works at DIA, and he gets free tickets to go anywhere in america. I asked him to see if he can get me cheap ticket to out of country and he said yeah, I can.

16. yea its pretty expensive by air.. but the swimming idea sounds fun.. and cheap

[​IMG]

17. Quoted for truth.