Cheapest vaporizer? and does quality matter much?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Sc0pe, Oct 12, 2015.

1. So im looking to buy a vaporizer since i hate choking on smoke and feel like vaping would be healthier, does anyone know the best cost effective vaper? or what is the best one in your opinion?

2. I was thinking the titan 2 but got told it tasted of burnin plastic

3. Yes, quality matter much, especially since this is a health driven decision for you. I recommend to avoid cheap shitty vapes that smell like melting or burning plastic. That can't be good for your lungs.

The cheapest vaporizer that I personally would feel comfortable using is the Triihouse Peace for under $50. It is made with wood and glass only--no plastic.

What is your budget? If you can spend a little more then you have a ton of options. $100-200 range is a sweet spot for vaporizer shopping. I personally own three vapes in that price range, and like them all very much for different reasons: Magic Flight Launch Box, Arizer Solo, and Triihouse Daisy.

If you can't scrape together enough cash for a good vaporizer right now, then another option to consider is to learn how to make good edibles. A box of brownie mix only costs a few dollars and will give you all the same health benefits of quitting smoking.

4. Op, What exactly are you looking for in a vape?
    Electric or butane?
    Portable or Desktop?
    under $150 or above $150?
    ETC...

How often do you smoke and do you smoke in the same spot or constantly changing spots? More info the better.

Don't buy a cheap piece of shit vaporizer like the Titian. I know a friend who has wasted about $150 buying cheap "dry herb" pens that cant do shit right. He has about 4 or 5 cheap pens that just sit in a drawer because they cant get him nearly as high (or not high at all) as his $5 glass bowl.

In My Opinion the Arizer Solo is the best portable you can get for the price. For $130 you get an extremely reliable proven vaporizer. Great Vapor quality and clouds, 3 hour battery life, portability, warranty, etc

5. #5 Royksopp, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    I'm still a noob to vaping, but I'd recommend the MFLB. It's $119 online, pretty discreet, stealthy, little to no smell, and overall a good introduction to vaping, imo. I hated vaping before because I had only tried shitty ass vapes (all happen to be under $100) but this one changed my opinion in a huge way. I suggest getting either the Power Adapter 2.0 for it if you plan to use at home, or buy some Powerex 2700s batteries on Amazon (~$13) for when you wanna be mobile with your vape, cuz the stock batteries really do suck. Also, the MFLB and PA 2.0 both have lifetime warranties. You fill out the claim, snap a pic of the damage/issue and you'll get your replacement within a week.

6. I heard the vapor genie is nice pretty high reviews and only 50 bucks

7. Go to FC and read from some threads about vapes that may interest you. They even have "best of" threads which is the cliff notes version.

8. I have a vapourmax, its quite small but was cheap and does the job.

9. That's the first vape I ever used and tbh it sucked ass.

10. wow so all of the cheaper vapes suck or aren't as good, but all the expensive ones break 3-4 times a year....wtf lol

11. What an odd statement.

12. The VaporGenie was my first vape as well and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. When used correctly, the VG can put out some HUGE, thick vapor clouds. For the money, it's a great deal, but ya gotta learn how to use it properly.
    All of the cheaper vapes suck and the expensive ones break 3 to 4 times a year? WTF are you talking about?

I've had great cheap vapes and they as well as the more expensive ones that I have or have had have never broken and I've been vaping for almost 7 years.

13. Are you vaping dry herb, wax, or oil?

Dry herb vaporizers aren't cheap. At least ones that will work.
    Wax and oil pens you can get for a bargain and still get quality results, but may need replacing more frequently.

14. someone stated earlier the vapor genie wasn't good and mflb wasnt the best. But the crafty and firefly and a few others are reported by many that they break frequently that I've read off FC...that's wtf I'm talking about

15. You can find good reviews and bad reviews of any consumer product.

If you are serious about buying a vape then do some research.

I listed above the vapes I own and am happy to answer any specific questions you may have about them.

16. Why would expensive vapes break 3-4 times a year?

I am finishing up my 3rd year with my Arizer Solo with no problems. I did replace the battery about a year ago, but I ruined the original by overcharging.

You can get an Arizer Air vape for about $150 US if you're in the USA and you buy from a Canadian website.

An Arizer Solo would be even less.

BTW you may find a used Solo in the classified add section of FC. I remember one for sale for $100.

17. ive heard good things about the solo I meant portables like firefly crafty and mighty. On fc I read numerous individuals on there fifth or sixth firefly or there crafty broke within a month. Not just a few but pages and pages. Even a buddy of mine firefly stop heating within 3 months he is on his third. So that's why I ? What's the point of the more expensive ones.
    And on vapeworld the solo is still freaking 225 bucks lol and that Canadian website is it an authorized seller?

18. i guess i cant just put ground herb in these right? any way to make my own wax or oil?

19. The industry code for herb is "flowers." So if you see a vape advertised as being for "flowers," that means it will work with herb. I don't use wax or oil, so every vape that I personally have mentioned in this thread is designed for herb/flowers. :)

I do not recommend making butane concentrates at home due to safety concerns (and it is now a FELONY in some states). I've tried making glycerine tincture and it came out really nasty. That's why it's herbs/flowers for me. :)