Cheapest ph meter $$??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zoltan_4:19, Dec 20, 2010.

1. I don't want the cheapest one, jus wondering on a low budget and looking on eBay. What's the lowest I should go? I got a $10 meter that didnt even work, I'm looking at a $40 with auto temp adjust.. ? What u think?

2. Lol I got the one in the first link ($10) it didn't even freaking work!!!! I even got PROPER calibration solutions and it kept spiting out random numbers over and over, never stabilized at all. Complete shit. Never buy a $10 ph meter!!!!! Ever!!!!! But the second one looks promising..

3. yea invest in a good quality ph meter. I'm actually in the market for a sub $100 ph meter. Hanna is a good company from what I hear.

4. I am also in the market (as it were) for a cheap pH meter, but don't want to flush my money down the drain. Any other reviews/suggestions?

5. Same thing, just a few days ago. Avoid the yellow "pool pH test pen" ones on eBay. They ship dry, didn't even pretend to care about keeping the probe moist. No sponge, nothing, was stored for probably months dry.

And there's the big point: contact the seller and make sure the probe has been both stored and will be shipped with the probe kept moist in a calibration solution. Period, full stop. No exceptions. Do not buy before you verify this. The $10 can be perfect if it's always been kept moist, and the $3,000 one will be crap if it's been dry for too long.

6. I did this the other day, and the seller of the Milwaukee pen said it shipped dry! I'm hesitant to get it if this is the case, but if they all ship dry and yet they work, maybe it only needs to stay wet after it's been "conditioned?"

Any other thoughts or input, I need to get a pH meter soon.

7. The Ph meter is the one thing you should spend some money on. I use mine EVERY DAY and really think it's vital to a good grow... especially for us novices. Spend $80-100 on a good one and you won't regret it.

8. I wonder how many people look for the lowest price on parachutes and brain surg and well.

Buy a quality, digital pH meter .. if you want to save money - by an integrated EC / pH meter.