Cheapest Light Setup For One Plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by heymanwhatsup, Jun 25, 2014.

1. so i'm planning to grow ONE auto lowryder plant indoors. so i'm wondering what will be the cheapest lighting setup for one small lowryder plant? 

any help is appreciated, thanks

2. #2 Geminate, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    CFL's

I got mine at wal mart. I buy the bulbs in a 4 pk. ($8)
    I use 100 watt equivalent (23 actual watts used) bulbs. 2700K for flowering and 6500K for vegging.

I purchased a 6 ft extension cord with 3 outlet ends for each light. ($2 - $3 each)

Then I bought light socket adapters. One side plugs in to your wall/extension cord and the other side
    holds the light bulb ($1.50 each)

3. #3 Geminate, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    This is the cheapest route I have found. All though, I do also use the typical clamp lights commonly used for reptiles and other pets.

You can get one at wal mart as well for $6 - $10 depending on how much wattage you want to pump out! This is the easiest route in my opinion because everything is ready to go and the clamps and reflectors come in handy when redirection of light is needed.

4. 1 plant not worth the trouble and cost make it 4

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Listen to NLZ, running a couple of more plants ups your chances of having a succesful harvest. It's not worth running just one imo. Just think about this, if that one plant gets sick and dies or just doesnt grow right then it was a waste of money and possibly time since you could have avoided the problem from the start!

6. CFL's are definitely the cheapest way to go. Try and mix up the light spectrum from 5000k-7800k

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

how many lights of that kind do you think will be suitable for one or two plants?

i would grow more plants at once, but my space is very limited. i'll try to squeeze in another plant

Check out some of the CFL grow guides here on the forums and on other websites. They will supply you with enough information to get through a succesful and affordable grow.

I think you should at least run 4 - 8 100w bulbs. I jump from 4 - 8 just because the bulbs I purchase only come in a 4 pk at my local Wal Mart. Jo420hn gave some good advice with mixing up the spectrums.

A lot of growers run 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering but all spectrums work for all stages of the cannabis plants life cycle. Of course, certain spectrums are better for certain things. For examply, 6500k is good for vegging (mimics springs spectrum) because the plants will grow bushier rather than stretch or grow tall. And 2700k is good for flowering (mimics fall spectrum) because the plant will be able to absorb the right light for bud and resin growth. All though, I do use both spectrums at the same time during flowering.

9. I myself am using (3) 6500 /(3) 2700 /(1)7800 /(1)5500

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app