Cheapest light bill???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Norcals_dankest, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Hey I was wondering what kind of light render the cheapest monthly electricity bill??

2. Er the ones with the lowest total wattage lol. CFLs are considered low-energy lights, as are LEDs, which are even better but kinda pricey. But if you're using 1,000 light bulbs, you're bills gonna be high regardless.

3. Cool thanks, has anyone here had any experience with running around 600 watts through CFL's??? Because I would like to have an idea of what their bill was like, i know it depends on your cost per kilowatt but i would just like to see what other people been paying, thanks and smoke on.

4. id say cfl's. Im on my first grow and so far using 2 55w daylight cfl's, 14 23w soft white cfl's and one 15w. My oldest plant is now 7 days old and a mini monster. Ithink these cfl's are great and bloody cheap. Im gonna get some blue LED's which coz its christmas season are bloody cheap also and jus have it as extra light. I might use hps to flower tho or jus run it all with cfl's but right now, these cfl's have got my cheese BIG .

5. Do you remember where you got those bulbs??? Thanks

6. HPS.

lumens/watt

but the problem is you also need more fans and stuff for HPS

7. sorry for the late reply, i live in uk and got em from a place called tesco. at a price of 5 for £1 i cant see you going wrong. and they use absolutely no electric, well some but its hard to notice. happy growing (and dare i say) merry christmas

8. It's ok, but thanks alot, I have to look for those !