Cheapest Auto Insurance?

Discussion in 'General' started by SoulessStoner, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Any idea which company offers the lowest rate on PLPD insurance? I'm 18 and getting a 98 Pontiac Bonneville. State Farm quoted me at $115/month which is fucking ridiculous, and that's AFTER every discount I qualify for. Any help is appreciated guys.

2. I always thought it was lame that its law to have auto insurance. Why cant we choose option B and pay it out of pocket if we happen to get into an accident.

Dont like being forced into doing things I dont think are worth it.

3. idk what PLPD means, but if you can get state minimum insurance go with Safeauto, i only pay $70 a month. When i got my first car i had to have full coverage and got it through Geico, i ended up paying $225 a month. I was literally paying more for my insurance payments than i payed for my car payment

4. I have Esurance with a 98 pontiac grand am. It's like 70 a month.
    It depends on where you keep your car though. I live in a nice neighborhood with a garage.

5. once your over 21 your insurance will start getting cheaper

6. you happen to be in the proverbial "shit demographic" of auto insurers...

find a good company (I have allstate) and stick with em. yeah, you'll have to pay out the ass for a while, but liability alone isnt that bad...

but anyways, once you've been with a good company for a while, youll get loyalty bonuses, good student bonuses, good driver bonuses, etc...

when i started with allstate, i was paying 130/month for insurance, now i pay 41 a month...

7. thats not that expensive, i had to talk my auto insurance company down to $210 a month.

8. I think you pay the most if you are a male under 21. The cheapest insurance I found was through allstate, which 2 years ago I was paying 130 a month for minimum, but now Im down to about 100 a month. ( I turned 21 last august)

But then again, Ive heard guys my age say allstate was very high for them, and geico or something else was the cheapest, and I got a quote from geico a year or so ago, it was like 300 a month. Safe auto, the general, and 3 or 4 others were way higher than allstate for me.

I have very poor credit (542) and 2 points.

9. Yeah my insurance thing may be way different for you btw OP. Im 25 which gets you a discount, never had an accident which is another discount, but then i have 5 points on my license, was arrested for driving on a suspended license, ive had 2 written warnings, 5 tickets and had my license suspended for a year

10. WIth PLPD, I'm guessing you mean you live in Michigan, right?  (PLPD is a michigan thing)

I'd try comparing quotes from every single agent u can find in the state of michigan. Here's a list - http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com/state/michigan-auto-insurance/

11. I am 29 with a '99 tacoma and pay 30-something for state minimum through State Farm.  Full coverage is 80-something.   When I was 18 I had an '88 pathfinder and full coverage was only 160 although I believe that was through my parents insurance.   You just have to shop around man, its the only way to get the cheapest coverage.

Its more to protect the person who gets hit than the person who has insurance, state minimum at least.

12. Geico can save you 15 percent or more on car insurance! 

13. #13 Doc-J, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Because the majority of the population has no morals or ethics, and most cant handle money for shit. So when they do hit someone that person is just screwed because they have no insurance and no ability to pay.

Some states do have an option B that allows you to be self insured, but it involves securing a bond for the state minimum amounts. Its a good way to go if you have the money to spare as you have no monthly premiums but not many people are going to put 25k or whatever it is in to a bond when they cant afford $150/month.

14. Here in the bronx insurance is the highest I think

Sent from my ba ba booey

15. I've seen commercials on spanish tv for insurance as low as $15 dollars a month.

16. Progressive was the cheapest for me but I have Horrible driving record

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. So if you hit say a 50k car and total it while your driving say a 5k honda civic you can pay out of pocket to replace the other persons car? No you can't afford it . It keeps you and everyone else covered if something like that happens. You will appreciate insurance laws more if you are in an accident.

18. I like progressive. I pay 72/mo for comprehensive and liability insurance, and I ride a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

19. Cheapest auto insurance?

Last year's plate, butter, and a dirt road.

/thread. :bongin:

20. You Americans are lucky in some regards, everything is so cheap down there. If I got my own car, 19 year old male living in the burbs, I would start at around $600+/month with a clean record and driving school certification.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum