Cheap Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by aperson1234567890, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Wow that is a bummer. What vape was it, so other folks know before they buy.

2. #23 Egzoset, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Welcome back KoruptYG,

Hummm... OKay, lets communicate then! :D

In all honesty i'm having fun getting busy with full-metal tops for my customized VG Sherlock Bronze and Classic-look aluminium. It been a long time since the hobby didn't provide me solid inspiration and my 8th anniversary is next week, so i now work on a Duo Edition - now here's a preliminary hint below:

[​IMG]

This time that's brass and its protective potential as a Flame-Catcher can be expected to prove proportional to its mass IMO! Hence i was able to cut it shorter than previous aluminium units, to less than an inch instead of 1¼. That might also be a nearly ideal opportunity to finally illustrate the proper migration of my handle"PinHole" (à la VapMan) to this top's far side precisely, because it would conveniently meet my left index. So, with the previous "Main" PinHole on the Bronze Sherlock base instead, plus the one on my MouthPiece base, euh... This shall amount to 3 of them! Which announces some fair experimental sessions trying to figure out how to operate it next!...

:popcorn:

As a matter of fact i attempted to reflect on my perspective in DynaVap's channel and not only theirs. My "DynaVapsule" even triggered retaliation as i recall. The Dr Dabber Switch thread felt much the same.

Those users may think they've experienced "Micro-Bursting" but even using my present tool i must admit successful ritual remains a skill to be perfected. Their "1-Hitter" similitude(s) render such options more appealing, DynaVaps is working on an IH version, i heard, so my guess is they'll eventually produce some early pioneer products - after proper brain-storming, euh... But right now the energy budget sounds more like trying to flex muscles in order to compensate for a lack of tactical preparation. Some persons live in the action, other in conceptualization; expect successful ideas to occur in between...

Dan Steinberg happened to chose Silicon Carbide which has excellent thermal properties, though i'm not too certain he may have visualized its operation in a similar manner to mine. The thing is his process was only meant to transform a flame's energy (with a delay), while i depend on stored energy instead, which makes a radical difference in terms of consumption method and ritual. With minimalized delays as a bonus.

My previous post illustrated how air pockets get collectively linked together inside an SiC matrix where solid branches double as some exceptional heat-carrying medium besides an ability to shield against direct radiative heat emerging from a blue flame. In IH mode that same SiC foam behaves much like an insulator simply because its massively connected air pockets contribute to a synergy where the insulation feature is predominant despite being contained inside a heat-conductive structure. Things become even more subtle when we leave the usual (thermo-)static model based on a "Release/Transfer Agent" made of "Hot Dry Air" which only gets combined to an "Ovenizer" effect where noble molecules endure "baking" for long minutes, not seconds!

Instead i exploit transitional emerging properties resulting from yet another contrasted juxtaposition, this time opposing such SiC Foam to a Stainless Steel Metal Disk designed to meet many roles inside a same setup. To put it briefly, i'd refer to an airflow-actuated heat valve with no moving parts: in stalled state the SiC Foam tends to contain energy inside for a while, how long ain't no real concern over our range of application anyway. Then, once "Charged" the flame is removed and my Hybrid Core takes over by changing from a thermal bottle to a Radiative + Convective heat source, complemented by a parasitic delayed conduction vector. Hence "Plan-B" gets those 3 increasingly blurred as the tokes multiply, IH-driven scenarios should fix it for all practical purposes. YMMV.

One other major reason which motivated my selection of a VaporGenie pipe was because it's butane-operated and the clean-burning extra-hot exhaust gases appear to "Potentialize" my "Release/Transport Agent", which in turn makes "Micro-Bursting" even more enjoyable in terms of Aroma/Taste Appreciation.

:rolleyes:

The HerbalAire and i we just proved incompatible because its dryness was beyond discomfort eventually: 6 months after my purchase allergy-like symptoms multiplied that i had never faced as an ex-smoker before. So i made circles around it trying to understand my situation, at 1st FogBong! felt very promising but it promoted such abuse i definitely abandoned it once i figured that VG pipes generate water inside. Etc., etc...

Overall my advice is to evaluate a VaporGenie knowing in advance that it can always be rendered more "inclusive" by engaging into my DiY challenge to transform it. The genuine layout requires expert skills and my primary goal was to adapt it until i'd manage to operate mine. That's what i mean by inclusivity.

Consider the overall cost and that's still a fair option worth the mention. Pick the Glass VG pipes and this shall also leave the door open to future IH-driven solutions inspired by my LAVA engine - which in IH-mode is no longer protected by a legal patent if i'm not mistaking, although i urged VaporGenie to include electromagnetic Induction Heat with implicit enthousiasm. Yet, as long as there's no flame i see no problem playing with Induction, while half of "Bi-Energy" belongs de facto to Dan Steinberg for his original invention of 2002.

:thumbsup:

You'd have to pay me to share my lungs path with devices, even costly ones, where a significant part of the cost results from lame attempts to fix issues related to a fundamentally flawed designer strategy. As far as i'm concerned it's necessary to know what we want/need before we can chose a fancy ready-made product (like glassware which in my case only represents a high risk of transforming into shattered bits)...

My VG pipe offers all the Self-Conditioning Inlet Water i require as it is and that's not the end of it; too bad words fail to convey reality in its integrality, don't take my word for it: try it out for yourself then come back to share the genuine pleasure of such adventure!

Good day, have fun!! :D

3. I have yet to see or hear about any regulated vaporizer explode ever, unless it was the batteries, which is something that you need to be very careful of. Too many china made batteries. I am very selective on where I get my batteries.

The vaporizers that do explode are mechanical mods, which offer no protection and if you do not know what you are doing, for example building your coils, than yes it can be very dangerous.

4. an example - Fury2 has a lithium polymer battery and not a lithium ion.. the ion batteries can explode , the polymer batts reduce that issue... plus, lots of circuitry protection and battery protection too in the Fury model

5. Any battery can explode under heat and pressure. Fury2 is also not a mechanical mod. Mechanical mods do not have any protected circuitry, so if your coils shorts out, than that is when it becomes very dangerous and you are prone to explosion. I also see people putting mechanical mods in their pockets (which is dumb..)

Point is all of these "vaporizer explosions" are due to people buying crap quality batteries (mine are on year 3..), they are using Mech mods and just doing some really stupid crap they shouldn't. Giving vaporizers a bad name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don't have much to add and I can't say anything with any type of confidence but when I read your post the first thing I was thinking of was mech mods and china batteries. Mech mods are pretty much advanced prison cigarette lighters, shit can without a doubt go wrong with your battery and dangers doesn't really stop there:D These modern batteries have some serious amps going out of them if you allow it.

It obviously could be a "regular" faulty unit too.

@Egzoset, been sick and away a bit but will read up soon.