cheap vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by tseries, Jan 22, 2013.

1. hello
    i am looking for a cheap vaporizer since i am a once in a blue moon smoker.. rare

i was looking at the bat vaporizer (10cm tube) it has a ceramic filter and metal filter..
    are they any good?
    the thing i am worried about with fire/ butane vaporizers is the chemicals/fumes that i would be breathing in...
    does the bat vaporizer not allow the flame fumes to be inhaled? or is my best bet getting a cheap battery powered vape?

2. What's your price range?I heard the Vapir no2 is good and right under $100 online.

3. Mflb good starter vape round 80

4. Probably a vapor genie.I never personally used it but I have used the mflb and its ok.

5. i was looking at the vapor genie also... can it cause harm though with the flame?
    sucking in fumes? soot?

6. Use an electric lighter and you'll be fine. They work surprisingly well for the price (a bit better than the MFLB imo, which is 70-80), but definitely have a learning curve and it may not be the best tasting vape. I have a desktop and a better portable, so mine gets little use. Id still use it solo while out and about, but Id be uncomfortable handing it to a friend who wasn't an expert at using it. Its too easy to combust in novice hands.

7. What do u mean by an Electic lighter? A electric portable vape?

8. ? No...I mean an electric lighter. You can buy them everywhere. Its just a non-flint lighter

9. isnt the butane harmful?

10. I'm sure if you inhaled butane it would be. This is impossible though, as a lighter burns butane, combusting it. You can never inhale actual butane with a lighter. It might taste meh, but its never actual butane fumes. You can inhale flint though (which is why you should use electric), and high quality is better, as you want to be sure its pure butane.

11. ahhhhh thanks guys!
    maybe ill just save up for a MFLB

better? :)

12. You are making a better choice.You really get what you pay for when it comes to vaporizers.i enjoyed my time with the flight box.

13. Honestly its not much better. In my opinion its worse if anything. Its nice because you don't have to carry around a lighter, or worry about wind. But you DO have to constantly be charging batteries. Most people dislike the mflb until they upgrade the batteries, but with the upgraded batteries you could easily afford a better vape. Also, the mflb is all conduction heating, whereas the vapor genie is all convection. This means the VG is going to have higher quality vapor.

The VG you can get for 50-60, and I think its worth that price. The MFLB is around 70-80, and I just think its too weak for that. With batteries its slightly better, but may cost you 120. Not at all worth it.

If you're going to save (a good idea), don't get the VG or the MFLB. They're both the worst vapes you'll find that still function.

The Arizer Solo is 150, but it is easily 10x as good as the MFLB. If you're going to save, get this. It kicks both their asses, can milk a bong, provides super thick vapor, very flavorful, etc. There's no comparison.

14. #15 tseries, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    the Arizer Solo is still a small unit hey

one local guy is selling one used for $100

so much for spending $50 max
    was originally looking at the bat vape ($25) just simple and cheap as i am not a big smoker at all

15. Its a good deal but for $50 more you can have a brand new one.Me personally I would rather spend the extra cash.

16. #17 tseries, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    Is the skyda 5 only for oil? Or can I put a nug In there

What about the ego-ce5?

17. Both oil. Trust me, there isn't going to be better portables than what we've listed. I know that probably sounds cocky, but I would've heard about it by now. Lotsssss of blades want a cheap portable that functions, but that triple combo is a bitch xD.

If you aren't an avid smoker you'll probably be satisfied by the MFLB. The Solo is just very very much worth that increase in price if you can manage it. There's no question. I've seen plenty of blades go from MFLB to Solo and have it completely change them. I've never seen someone regret the upgrade and wish they'd gone MFLB instead.

18. The vapor genie is the best piece I've ever bought for the money hands down. Quality craftsmanship , I have a maple original and everything is still solid on this unit. I get perfect vapor every hit, but I have noticed that it isn't the most efficient vape, in terms of getting a ton of hits. But two solid hits out of the VG and I'm good for a few hours ... This vape has great airflow in my opinion and I can get giant hits. Once you learn how to use it it's very simple to never burn the herb, but combustion is possible so just be careful... I plan on buying a glass VG and any more products that I like because they are that good. My favorite portable.

19. #20 tseries, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    A local guy will sell me his mflb for $70
    This will get me ripped? Better than a joint?

That's all I want to do is get ripped off of it... Rather than buying papers. Just Load it. Hit it. Get ripped