Cheap reflector..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shrillmill, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I need a cheap reflector that is aircooled..
    Can anyone help me out?

2. It's actually easier than you think. First, go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up some silver reflective Dryer Duct work. It comes in Six, Nine, Twelve and Twenty foot lenghts. Get your self about four X 4 inch hose clamps found in the same section. YOu will need some Mylar reflective foil (we all have some of that stuff left over from papering our rooms) and of course, you will need a 400, 600 or 1,000 watt light (try and shoot for about 100 watts per plant and a bunch of lumens). Then go on ebay and pick your self up a Pyrex Bake a Round by Corning. It 's one of those old fashion back tubes that Grand Ma made bread one time in and then stuck away into the cubbard and forgot about. They usually have a little rack that they sit on that makes a pretty good attachment when you hang them. I have paid as low as 10 bucks for one on ebay and as high as 20 bucks for one because I needed it yesterday. The shipping will run pretty close to what you pay for the glass tube. Final thing you will need is a little inline fan to such the air out of the tube and hopefully you can vent it outside of your grow room or into an attic. I think I would consider a scrubber if you are having odor problems but if not, run the end up into the attack and let it rip. So heres your shopping list:
    1). At least two ten to twelve foot lengths of Reflective Dryer Duct (4 inch)
    2). a 400, 600 or 1,000 (and if you can only buy one, get a HPS) Watt light
    3). a Pyrex Brand Bake a Round by Corning from ebay
    4). An inline 4 inch fan (they start at $20 at lowes or Home Depot)
    5) Four 4 inch hose clamps

I would send photo but I want you guys to think that it is a figment of my imagination and that I wouldn't think of growing and I really am not very stable at the moment. I can't work anymore because no one will hire me as they think I might go off and shoot all the people like I did at my last job. So I sit home alone waiting for the phone to ring.. ooops, there goes those voices again. I must go....

3. I forgot to add that you will take the mylar, cut a strip covering about half of the glass tube and tape it on the outside with the reflective side pointing outward. This is your reflector and it cost about a buck. It's the rest of the stuff that cost the money. good luck and I hope you overgrow the bastards.

4. I already have a 150 hps.
    But its just making my room hot.
    I also have my ballast connected to the light.
    I will soon be moving it out of the box because of heat.

5. becarefull with your choice of tape for this. the tube will get very hot
    btw. how do you mount the lamp inside the glass pyrex tube? how many inches diameter is the pyrex tube?