Cheap odor control

Discussion in 'Security' started by danktank 420, Apr 12, 2012.

1. At the local hardware store and ran across a product called "odor genie".

I figured for $5.99 what the hell,,, my diy carbon filter was not doing the job well enough.

I put it in my cab near my intake hole and it did the trick. keep in mind it's 5 plants in veg stage. Will have to see how it does in flower.

DampRid

2. There's no way around the cost of odor control, period. When they start to flower, it's going to take the smell to a whole new level. If you're having troubles with odor in veg, that means NOW is the time to save/invest in a proper fan ans carbon filter, because you WILL have an odor issue. Without proper filtration, in some cases, you can smell it outside a house before the front door is open.

I really like the CAP Valuline fans. They are powerful, mediumish on the noise, and value priced. Phresh Filters work really well, and they are lightweight, so it's inexpensive to ship in comparison to others. I've found the CAP Valueline fans to match up well with these filters. If noise is a concern, the Phresh ducting muffler works like a champ, too! I'm a Phresh Filter fan. Carbon filters are expensive for a reason, they work. Cheap ones are cheap for a reason... They are marketing to people who don't want to buy a good filter. In most cases, if you buy the cheap-o, you'll end up buying the good one, later, too. Might as well do it right the first time.

Save for it now, or you should take clippings from your plants and put them in the fridge to preserve them for a time when you have the proper equipment to grow.

3. Thanks for your advice, I will look into that.

4. Odor control is a very overlooked element for many first timers. The odor coming off fully mature plants can be unreal.