Cheap Mylar!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scripter111, Apr 29, 2007.

1. yeah well the title explains it all. my friend told me the only way to get mylar was 30 bux off ebay. go to amazon.com and look up mylar. its like 5 bucks a roll.

peace

2. Yes and its probably 1 mil and very short roll for that price

3. Just hold off buying that next bag and get Mylar... believe me it pays you back...

4. this site sells mylar (0.01" thick) by the foot (11-1/4" wide) for as low as $0.75 per foot (50ft+).

anyone find a cheaper source for mylar rolls/sheets?

5. ive seen people use the survival blankets you find at camping stores as a source for cheap mylar. and ive also seen people use the reflectors you put in your car to keep it from getting hot too....just a few suggestions....peace

6. I wouldn't count on those survival blankets reflecting a whole lot of light. I had heard about this and thought it was a good idea so a while back I went out and got a couple of these blankets, I was cutting to size and held up a piece to go tape it up in my grow op when I noticed I could see through it. It can't be reflecting that much light if it is letting light pass through. Those space blankets are incredibly thin, I guess there is a reason they cost only a couple bucks and mylar rolls are $20+. I believe flat bright white paint reflects better than those blankets, but true that a thicker mylar is even more reflective than white.

7. You could go to a local balloon shop and grab a large mylar balloon, just cut the seams and turn it inside out. I've heard chip bags turned inside out work as well, still I would recommend getting some good rolled panda film or mylar, which ever you can find.

This site has a decent price on panda film - http://www.4hydroponics.com/lighting/pandaFilm.asp

8. that panda film is 0.0055" thick and costs more than $1/ft, versus the mylar site i found above (0.0100", $0.75/ft). i was going to go ahead and buy about 60ft (~$35) but they didn't have a secure online order page, so i thought i'd check here if there was a tried and trusted source.

9. survival blankets from walmart are 1.79 and they are mylar just nto very thick you can still double them over on themselfs and have mylar for half the price

best of luck

-h4l

10. www.ecogrow.com has 1mil mylar @ 54"x25' for 18$, 54"x50' for 30$, & 54"x100' for 50$, & 2mil @ 54"x25' for 25$, 54"x50' for 38$, & 54"x100' for 65$

11. i second the vote for quality 2mil mylar. much much harder to wrinkle the good stuff, and it's nearly opaque (not see through). i used and endorsed space blankets for a long time, but if you need to wipe the walls of your room down, the cheap stuff will rip very easily.

12. i went ahead and ordered 60' (11.25" width) of 10mil mylar, but the 2mil mylar sounds like a much better deal, since it is 54" wide. almost 5x the area for even less money (just not as thick). thanks for all the info!

13. no need to start my own thread,
    so im going to do a 4 year bump on this thread to ask how much yall buy your mylar for? which hardware stores sell them cheapest? or cheap links maybe? :)