Cheap LED vs MH and HPS.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paul Poore, Apr 11, 2018.

1. From what ive seen there is basically no point in using leds other than for heat reasons. Poor penetration, poor coverage, poor yields. I was watching a YouTube video with a guy using I believe a 400w MH that was growing untrained monsters and it was covering the whole room. Idk, maybe I'm not understanding it as well as I should, anyone believe otherwise?

2. Yea Buick totally disagree. Ive got four mars hydro reflectors . and Ive always got buds clear down my stalks [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Get the right grow plan together and u can do amazing with led [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. How many watts per light?

5. I have two mars hydro 96s two 48s and 1 144. The one with the big ass buds is under a 96 reflector. Is 6 ft tall and I literally wrapped string around her like a christmas tree to keep the buds from falling down. U can get results its just how u grow and what level a grow master u think u are Lol. Ill give u my secret . its so cheap and simple u won't believe me.
    Medium = I bag peat moss
    Two bags moor nure=cow shit in a bag.
    Compost, in a bag.
    I box of vigoro plant food. Miracle grow rip off that's big now.
    One bag soil.
    Mix together evenly in 5 gallon buckets. So two handed scoops of it all till buckets full mixing,as u go. Then just feed em good and strong . u are basically growing in a hydro system with this mix. Water daily . soak the buckets and I mean mix while u drain water . peat moss holds water but repels it. So use hot water then slowly goto cold.

6. Oh and leds dont really put out that much heat brother. Mine never really get warm. I have a high power fan on the room which helps overall air flow but the lights do well running 24 7 or 12 12. My lights paid for themselves the first grow [​IMG]

7. These plants have almost a month left. Not a speck of brown on my trichs. They really gonna start building now. Those buds are almost 6 inches long and I can just fit my hands around em[​IMG][​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Idk if those really meet my criteria as far as cheap LEDs but I suppose you have to buy the right equipment to get the right result. I'll be flowering with 2 Viparspectra 300s next week and have been disappointed by other grow threads I have read using the same lights. Most were untrained though and I have been topping, tying, and will hopefully be scrogging. Thanks for the good info man!

9. Yep u got the idea. Look at that first pic that plant is laying down totally. Do that and let those vines grow straight up . bend and tie for light penetration. You'll be good,

10. Mars are just as cheap as viper man go look. Just reflector series

11. Even some of the shittiest LEDs will veg a nice plant or two these days.

25 watts of strips adhered to a adjust-a-wing reflector at 4-8 inchs away from the mothers.

Not bad.

I mean, when you go in their the plants are growing in the dark!

Attached Files:

12. The thing about the vipar 300’s (or others in the similar range) is that they’re really only good for one plant each. I say that as someone who has a viparspectra 300 and have flowered under it. It’ll get the job done and produce excellent buds. It’s when people try to make them cover an area that they’re really not able to cover that people end up disappointed with their results. 1 viparspectra 300’s coverage is MAX 18”x18” - I’d put it a closer to 12”x12” for effective range, so in a 4x4 area you’d need 4 of them to get what one 600W hps can cover.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. #13 Paul Poore, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Do you think 2 in a 4x2 with a21s supplementing is enough for 2-3 plants? I plan on buying two more for perpetual purposes. Has anyone tried SoG with Vipars?

Pic of vegging plants under the 300. They've dealt with heat stress and ph issues so yeah, they don't look all that great.

Attached Files:

14. Yeah 2 in that space should be ok.

As I said before though I’d keep it to one plant per panel personally.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Like Like x 1