Cheap Grow Tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 000DankStank000, Feb 27, 2014.

1. I wanna buy a 4x4 tent and was told if I buy a cheap made in China one it will kill my plants give off toxins when the tent heats up. Has anyone else heard about this?

2. It wont kill the plants, but later down the road your penis turns green and falls off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use a cheap tent just fine..theres a lot on amazon and ebay just look for one with metal corners

4. Secret jardin dr120 is the one I have..costed $230 - probably one of the best grow tents you could buy.

5. amazon...look up lighthouse or milliard.. both good..lighthouse is better

6. Once upon a time a few tent manufacturers had problems with off gassing and "causing sick plants". I havent read of this being a problem with tents made today. Just be sure, as previously mentioned, to get a tent with metal corners and roof supports. The plastic pieces tend to break and can cause damage to your equipmwnt, your plants, and create a serious fire risk.

7. I'm a firm believer that if you are going to grow in a tent that you shouldn't cheap out on it. Whether you make your own tent or buy one, investing in a quality one is a great investment and base to build around. All my tents are Secret Jardin (have a dr90, dr120 and a dr150 currently).

8. If it's your property and you own it, I suggest you don't buy a tent. You can easily make something similar for way less, and it will be as effective. If you're renting, then definitely go for a tent cause it's portable and you can take it down and move it anytime.

It's only my opinion though.

9. Secret Jardin are some of the best tents for the mony, the last lighthouse hydro I had was full of light leaks around the stitching and zippers as well as about a dozen pinholes which isn't a problem if your just using it for veg.  Might as well spend the extra $75 for a DR120.. best bang for your buck.