Cheap grow supplies

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hippie john, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Hi Gang,
    Me again. I found some very cool/useful stuff. I added the aquarium chiller a ways back.

But here is a mini Peltier air conditioner. It uses only 65 watts (ran at 12v, 6 amps). This would be great for trying to chill out some plants in a small scale grow!
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Peltier-Specials-in...
    View attachment 162755

and since I seem to only add air quality gadgets....here is a little programmable thermostat. It allows you to heat or cool to your preffered temps. Turn on little peltier a/c when temps climb to 30c, shut off a/c when temps reach 21c....or...for us up north....turn on heater at 20, turn off heat at 27. All programmable!..set that shit..but don't forget about it.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/90-250V-10A-Digital...
    View attachment 162756

2. #242 don task, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    i recieved a bunch pf lights from a hardees that was undergoing construction. Im not sure where to post this, but my question is can anyone tell me if i can use these and if so, are they any good? Dont wanna waste my time. Sorry to hijack this post again.

Attached Files:

3. for Canadians, I want to give a big shoutout to growlights.ca. they are by far and away the best priced on everything in Canada, they ship super.fast, and you cant beat $99 and up free shipping. I have upgraded all of my gear through them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Couldn't agree more. I'm very happy with the service....and the prices.

5. honestly amazon prime is a good bet for folks that have it, i got my filter for $65 normal price 120, and most of the others where far behind that price.. im also part of a few review trader sites and just noticed today there are some brandless leds!! on there for cheap... 300w 9brand for like $100..

6. Ebay is the place for all cheap supplies , tents included (cheaper than Amazon ) . I have a Lighthouse Hydro tent that I would recommend to others .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow this site is fire thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I like it to. I get my prices from there and see what my local shop will match. I pay a bit more usually but I support my local shops and still get pretty good prices when they match.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's a ballistic for a light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I started making my own lights this summer. I wanted to start a room cheap and and didn't want to use my HPS and MHC again even though I have both in the garage, however I am missing the ballast. So I started a test. Ive been using them now for 6 months and not an issue. I used those 50 watt COB lights that run on AC 110 voltage. To keep them cool I put them under $10 CPU heatpipes. $15 each. I strung up 10 for 500 watts and they are great. Im keeping a diary on the test with timelapse using a couple auto's, photo's in soil, fog, and DWC. After the tests ill rig the whole room up with whatever works best.

11. Still a rip off order from China

12. Just saw these on a US based website. I think they would be good for someone who would be happy getting a decent led light on a budget. Unfortunately this site doesn't sell any in the 3000K spectrum for flowering. But one of these is a 4000K, which could serve as a dual purpose for veg and flower. Or the 5000K if you, like me, don't have a low wattage veg light for those times when you don't want to fire up the old MH just for one or two plants.
    There are other good lights on this site too, if you want something more or less than this wattage rating.
    4000K:
    LED Round High Bay, 750W MH Equal, 33,600 Lumens, 240W, 4000K, 120-277V, PLT-11630 | 1000Bulbs.com
    5000K:
    LED Round High Bay, 750W MH Equal, 33,600 Lumens, 240W, 5000K, 120-277V, PLT-11506 | 1000Bulbs.com

This would be a pretty good deal in general for those in the U.S., but still worth it if you are in Canada, assuming you are on a tight budget and don't want to pay $2.00/watt (CDN) for the best you can get.
    I apologize in advance to those who may visit this thread in 2022 and find they no longer have these in stock. At that time, you still may be able to find something for a budget grow on this particular site.
    EDIT: I think the 4000K would be perfect for a micro-grow.

13. If you are handy, you can easily make a not too shabby grow light with materials from the local building supply. Here is the how to DIY link to the youtube video:

14. Thanks for this, yeah few links are dead but found a couple suppliers that are of interest. Looking the ecogrow.com site, I like that has free ship over 250. Right now I'm shopping for inline fan\filters, so if you gotta tip for good place to shop I'm all ears..

Sent from my T30_ROW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I stumbled across this and got to thinking if it could be converted to propane for convenience.
    I've only made one purchase from this company. I bought a little 5 gallon pot still for under a hundred dollars and totally fucking impressed with the results, therefore I can't offer any review on customer service as I've had no opportunity. At this point I would definitely buy from them again.
    Ya, it's Chinese. But so is everything else these days, so what the hell.

https://www.vevor.com/products/vevo...nhouse-hydroponic-room?variant=39386161414242