Cheap Grow Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ieuan1312, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Hey all im a new poster but a very long time lurker and
    Basically i want to start growing 1-2 plants(1 to start) in my room secretly on a £100.00 budget(excluding seed costs) in a grow tent, i've found this grow tent and i reckon it looks pretty good
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HYDROLAB-LAB6...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item3ca623d564
    But i'd still need lights, fans, and a carbon filter with only £32.00 left to spare, so anybody got any ideas how i can make it more secret as i reckon it wuld be pretty loud with the fans and obvious looking in a tent and where i could get this equipment for cheap or some alternatives that work almost as well, im not looking for large yields, only 4-5 ounces if that:rolleyes:, so i dont need top of the range equipment, i know this is probably a difficult task but theres some experienced growers here so help would be much appreciated,

kind regards,:)
    Ieuan

2. 71 views and not a single reply :confused:

3. #4 xtremraptor, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    well i'm not sure about the conversion rate but it doesn't sound like you have enough cash at the moment. I would take some time and buy what you need a little at a time before you start a grow.

you can get the tent now and probably your growing median and buckets. lights and exhaust fans are going too take a little more cash though. they are probably the two most expensive things you'll need. even if you go with CFL's you still need sockets and bulbs and they add up.

I found out the hard way that cheap just really doesn't work. you can get things started but it will nickle and dime you till you get the set-up right. what i thought i could do for about $200 USD has slowly gone up too about $500 USD over the last couple months and i've done alot of price shopping and comparing for the equipment i've bought.

i'm not trying to scare you just warn you that you will spend more than you originally intended in the long run. don't give up just take your time and do it as close too right as you can the first time and you'll be happier in the end

i got alot of ideas from here at GC (but you have too search for it) and here at ICMAG. the DIY at ICMAG is set-up really nicely and helps alot with the cheap way to do things. i wish GC had a good DIY link thread, all the same info is here as it is there but just not grouped together.

4. Thanks alot for spending the time writing that man,
    I guess ill have to save up some more i guess, ill check out ICMAG anyway,
    thanks man appreciate it :)