cheap grinder, few questions.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by I vape that, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a cheap grinder for 13 bucks, and have a few questions.

I hear that the metal will chip off in use, and get into my ganj, should I be worried about that, or is it just a myth?

Also, how long should I expect for my grinder to last?

Thanking for all help ahead of time. :D

2. I bought a cheap metal one for about $4 at a local gas station three years ago and I haven't had any problems with metal flaking off or anything, and it's still holding up strong as ever.

3. I used to have a cheap aluminum grinder and I noticed aluminum flakes in my bud after a good grinding. I think it comes from where the top rubs against the bottom piece. I noticed this maybe a year into getting the piece, not too sure. Freaked out and bought a sharpstone, haven't regretted it

4. Not a myth. Keep an eye on it. May want to get a little magnet just in case.

5. I've never had a problem with metal chipping off with my grinder, but I've never really thought about that being a problem before.

6. Thanks for the replies y'all.

7. It might be the make and style too of the grinder. (obviously cost=quality) I had one and the metal chipped off. Mine was all metal though, my buddys had a wooden base/top and thats still the best $5 he ever spent..

8. don't put anything in it and start twisting.. if there's metal flakings inside, stop using.:hello:

9. I don't know about that. I bought a small Kannastor grinder for $36 and the first time i used it I saw a tiny metal shard in my pile. Its hasn't happened since though, and my friends and I use it every time we smoke.

Dear OP,

Look into getting a nicer grinder with a keif catcher. It is totally worth it. Pouring keif on a bowl gets you so blazed. I put a bunch of mids keif on a bowl of cheap mids and it got me super blazed right away. Space Case is the best brand to get.

10. Pretty much sums it up. :smoking:. Shit finger bust it if you have too if you not sure,better than getting shards in your bud (i hate finger bustin tho)

11. that's why you should go for wooden ones in my personal opinion. i woulnd't want to smoke anything along the lines of metal...

12. Thanks once again for the replies. I was going to get a wooden one, but since this was 13 bucks and the wooden was 25... I am cheap. If metal starts flaking off I will get myself the nicest I can possibly find, this is more of just a test to see what I think.

13. good lookin out.

14. 5 PIECE SharpStone Space Herb Grinder w Pollen Case( g3 - eBay (item 110311809338 end time Apr-11-09 20:26:44 PDT)

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have never seen or heard of a sharpstone grinder leaving metal flakes and I use mine most of the time I smoke. That's the way to go especially if you're on a budget.

15. i ganked a 5 dollar grinder from a gas station like 5 years ago. after a few months, shit started flaking on the outside so i paid close attention to the inside and never had any flakes in my bud. still use it to this day.

16. if you're going to get a little magnet you might as well invest in a good grinder. One with a kief catcher is pretty useful, and you don't have to worry about metal if you buy a grinder of good quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.