Cheap fluoroescent fixtures that dont need wiring?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptlord, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Are there any fixtures that you can buy that are very basic and plug right into a power outlet?

This would be for basic fluoros...

2. Yeah, a cheap 4 foot fluoro tube ballast costs about 20 dollars, then 10 dollars per bulb. 2 45 watt bulbs per ballast usually. Mix the fluoro with cfl's for a good yield.

3. what sort of 10 dollar bulb do you speak of? i got "plant bulbs" at wal-mart for 4.97 or something...there a better flouro bulb?

4. plant bulbs = wrong spectrum cool white 6500k is what you want

5. I use cfl's in a shop light with a spring clip for mounting. You can put several of them in a small cabinet and they seem to work great for me. I bought mine at Lowes, Wal-Mart has them, or just about anywhere. The fixture with reflector is about $5 or maybe a little more, and the bulbs you need are around $10 for a pack of 3.

6. You can get everything for your florescent needs at Wal-mart for under 20 bucks.

7. well... its not hard to wire any fixture to be compatible with a wall outlet, i have an old chandalier for my setup... all i did was cut the end off a computer power cable, it has the 3 wires in it, positive, negative, and ground, just hook the 3 wires to the 3 wires on the fixture but make sure you use a power bar just to be safe! happy growing :D