Cheap Flourescent Lights Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrtwomuchskill, Mar 11, 2006.

1. was up fellow growers I need some assistance please I have been asking around for a good place to get some flourescent lights for my seedlings I tried target but came out with nothing any help is good thx you in advance :hello:

2. You'll have better luck finding good lights at hydroponic stores and stores like home depot or Lowes.

3. yep, wallmart, Home Depot, Lowes, mabe some Gardening stores.

4. Ima go with home depot you think 20 bucks is enough just need a little bit of light for first week or two before I turn on the 400 watter( my first seedling dieds when I put on the 400 watter but I got an inline fan this time)

5. I've recently went to home dept to get cfl lights myself. The one by me sells 42 watt warm daylight cfls for like 9.95$. They don't have a very high wattage cool white lights though, highest I found was like a 27 =(. Mabye thats just the store by me. Good luck with your grow.

6. IF youave have an ace hardware around you they have 150 watt cfls ;)

7. how much is the cfl at ace hardware sounds kinda tempting but if its too much I will go with home depot already spent over 600 on my first grow so far but money not a problem when it comes to sweet maryjane:smoking:

8. +1

the better stuff you buy the better the bug you'll get.

9. :hello: If you want a nice flourescent with more than one opption for light spectrum!
    Try Petsmart! Petco! or a tropical pet supply! You can get lights made by a company called "GLO" they sell a seriese of different ones designed for terrariums and aquariums that provide a wide range of light spectrums for plants! They are 40watt bulbs and 4 feet long for about 20.00 or less, and come in other sizes if your looking for something shorter! And a simple flourescent bulb doesn't do the job!!

You can also get a 4 foot wide spectrum plant and aquarium bulb at Wal-Mart for under 7.00 each....Unfortunately, we saw them after already purchasing the more expensive ones!

But, i'll show you the results after using the 2 bulbs in our first grow...we didn't have our hps untill around the 6th week and so, the first 6 weeks we grew under these 2 bulbs with excellent results! Check it out! This is only the top of course of one of our girls...but, i think you can see that the lamps did well...!
    This time around were doing it like you with only the first week under flourescents and then moving to 400 halide..! Hope it helps!

Attached Files:

10. that is amazing will have to cheack those out!

11. Walmart sells cfl's dirt cheap. They sell 25w cfl's for under $5 apiece in the desirable 6500k color temp. Look for the name Lights Of America on the ballast and check to make sure it says 6500k on the ballast or on the package.

12. thx for the advice vamp I was thinking about getting a regular flourescent bulb its good that you warned me also I have a petco just up the street going to try that out if not gonna check out home depot for a 20 watt 2 feet long flouescent tube for 9.99 they also have 30 watt tubes 3ft long for 14.99 and 40 watt tubes 4 ft long for 25.99:D