cheap effective lights for closet grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greenmachine269, Apr 19, 2011.

1. any suggestions?

2. CFLs will do just fine

3. A propper CFL setup.

4. #5 DankSeeker, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    I went the cfl route my on succesful first run. Used 8 23 watt 2300k to flower a Chemdog clone. 184 watts total. She was 12'' high with a 6'' x 6'' canopy. I had revegged her from a failed run. I had taken her top cola.
    I got 75 grams in 2 harvests with the 13 top colas 3+ grams each and 20 or so secondary buds that were in the 1 - 2g range.
    She filled up the 15'' x 15'' x 3' flower box. I harvesed the 13 top buds and ran the buds below the canopy until they're trichs turned to 75% amber.
    Buds were actually better than the 2 Chemdog buds that were being offered at different collectives, so I was very pleased with results. I estimate it cost around $150 total, but that includes soil, amendments, electricity, etc.
    I since increased the lights to a 30 bulb setup, (690 watts) for flower and a smaller set up for vegging.
    I'm also putting everything out during the day as long as it's nice and just keep them on they're respective light schedules, using they're lights when they can't go out because of weather.
    I'm in the 4th week of flower on 3 ladies and in the 2nd week on another 6 ladies with 2 weeks of veg. They're is nothing that compares to the sun. Unreal bud growth, and just plant growth in general.
    Yep, you read it right: I'm flowering in the middle of spring. I just keep on they're 12/12 light schedule and I have beautiful full flowers that are frosty as hell. I am at least at 200% veg growth over inside and about 100% in flower size.
    I figure I'll be in the $20 a zip range, from here on out. Thats as cheap as it gets that allow decent enviromental controls for maximum plant health and security.
    I'm also organic, with alot of emphasis on feeding the soil, which cuts cost down alot as I don't buy nutes. I brew my own teas and have a worm compost setup. Nothin like organic for taste and smell either.