Cheap Chinese vaporizer and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by skEwb, Feb 5, 2013.

1. #41 Yosh139, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    HAHAHA, such a huge fucking photo. Noob :rolleyes:

:p All in good fun, blade :D

That's a cool SSV actually, I have nothing against them. I just got the DBV cuz it's a bit cheaper. :hello:

Edit: You might get more cool comments about your SSV since they have such cool prints. Mine gets attention because it's sleek. They both have the same heating element and internals. :smoking:

2. #42 Deleted member 616232, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    I'm sorry to be so stupid. I am really new at this.

Been smoking for years and years, but vaping is something I am just learning about.

What does SSV and LSV stand for ? Do you just google SSV and LSV?

3. #43 IWakeNVape, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    Silver Surfer Vaporizer and Life Saber Vaporizer, both searches will lead you to separate sites :wave: DBV is Da Buddha Vaporizer

Sorry to hear this OP :( I'm glad I jumped right in with the EQ and never had a chance to hit those Chinese boxes.

Sending good vibes your way

4. I'm really sorry, I start to abbreviate and completely forget I'm talking to people who don't know vapes :eek:

IWakeNVape got it before me, though. :D

5. that sucks dude i'd be scared shit less, i feel ya man

6. I wouldn't buy the volcano even if it was over 50% off. The best are the LSV, SSV, and the Cloud probably (at least in terms of vapor quality)

7. I'm so bummed out.. My friend let me borrow his friends shitty Chinese made vape. I can taste other chemicals. I've been using it for a week.

I really enjoyed vaping over smoking. Oh well.

To the OP and anyone else that has been using one and has health problems- look up Oil Pulling. Use first cold pressed sesame or sunflower oil. I'm almost positive that doing the oil pulling will remove many of the toxins that are causing your issues

8. This should honestly be stickied to raise awareness for newcomers looking to buy cheap eBay vapes.

9. Yeah, I am glad all of you told me cause I got rid of mine. I love my DBV! Although I've dropped it twice and already broke the heater cover and the bowl.

10. cheap Ti DOES THE EXACT SAME THING

11. Dafuq? I dropped mine 4 times already, and nothing happened but a paint chip. :confused:

12. Wow. that is crazy! Im sorry to hear about that!!

im gonna have to tell my friend about that asap as he uses one of those knock off ones.

im glad I decided to pay up for the VaporBros name brand..

13. Seriously people... we need to buy USA... just a thought. Everything made in China ends up as shit... no pride in their workmanship, but who can honestly blame the workers... you would be making shit too if you were getting paid in fish heads and rice, had no rights, and we told to work for shit by a government that will do anything to under mind the capitalistic economy we have created.
    Blame the fucks who allow it to be so easy for imported goods to be delivered to this country because their pockets get fat for turning a blind eye...

14. THAT is total crap. I have no doubt that many of the things, if not just about ALL, that you use on a daily basis that you feel works VERY well, are either manufactured in China or have parts that are manufactured in China, including the computer that you composed this message on.

Have you been living under a rock? If anything, the Chinese government has embraced a capitalistic economy. Both of our economies are so intertwined and dependent upon one another, that it is paramount that we BOTH succeed.

15. Those scumbags LET the willing chinese producers sell to willing americans?????? OH the horror!!! Thank you for alerting me to these horrible trends. I never knew the american populace receiving cheaper goods was so detrimental.

Don't make me laugh. Were the largest manufacturers in the world for good reason. We import chinese stuff because its beneficial.

16. #56 Brutal1ty, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up!

But just a note: vapes like the Da Buddha are Chinese as well... So there's a huge difference between ''fully chinese'' and ''licenced chinese''. Fully chinese are their own vapes or knockoffs: cheaply made crap machines that'll fail you and are probably unhealthy. Licenced chinese is Da Buddha: American design & standards, produced in China. The difference is humongous.

And even then not all ''pure'' chinese stuff is crap. I use fully chinese vapes (nicotine pens) every single day and they're extremely high quality for their money. So are their nicotine juices for instance. They're actually the only ones who give tours of their factories & give full specs on contents.

So please: research before you buy. You want cheap, you pay with your health. You want quality, you pay with hard earned cash. The ''in between'' way requires research. As always.

17. Its too bad these cheap chinese vaping/smoking products aren't regulated.. Shit shouldn't even be allowed to be sold here!

I agree this should be a sticky. 99% of consumers wouldn't even think about this..

This also makes me thing. I see a high rise in popularity with those portable vapor pens. I can only imagine how cancerous the heating element is...

18. #58 Heosphoros, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Fuck regulation. Were smart enough to decide for ourselves. There's always going to be less than trustworthy sources, but a willing buyer and seller shouldn't have to go through a third party who decides what's good and safe and what's not. There's no right answer, risks are personal preferences.

Honestly if someone wants to sacrifice their health for saved money on a cheaper vaporizer - they have every right. Just as people have every right to sacrifice their health with smoking weed as opposed to vaporizing. Just as people have every right to sacrifice their health with cigarette smoking, driving an automobile, taking heroin, eating fatty foods, and crossing the street.

Let them. Ill continue to be here, trying to direct people toward quality vaporizers, and advising them against sketchy brands and borderline scams. I think these companies are horrible, but I have no right to force their closure or their ability to participate with willing customers. I won't be the only one either, word spreads and it spreads fast. While I have sympathy for people misled or harmed, enacting regulation skews power, erodes freedom, and never seems to solve the problem it was supposed to solve.

We all know making something against the law is not equivalent to making such a thing not exist.

PS - Definitely agree with a sticky though. Its vaporizer/cannabis enthusiasts like us that keep us all safe, without the administrative costs and eroded freedom and reduced access to new and exciting products. Could you imagine an FDA equivalent for vaporizers? -shudders-. There goes the Ascent, Cloud, InhXP or anything else exciting.

19. #59 lwien, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    Spoken like a true Libertarian. ;)

20. -blush- you got me all figured out.