cheap CFL grow experiment

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GodsHitman56, May 26, 2012.

1. Hello everyone reading this.
    I am doing the cheapest grow possible sense I have most of the supplies at hand. This is going to be and indoor grow.

I will be using CFL's 23-27 watt 6000k and above for veg and 2700k and blow for budding.
    Mirical grow plant food. (MG), MG bloom boost (flowering), and MG tomato food(veg)
    Soil from my backyard.
    and old cabinet, made in too a grow box.
    2 PC fans ( intake, outtake ) from a junk computer I took apart.
    tap water.
    electrical strips
    power cord.
    A 24 hour electrical timer ( to controle my lighting hours ) I have to pick one of these up still...

The only reason why I have not started yet is because, I am waiting for my seeds.
    Just so everybody knows, this is an EXPERAMENT, I would like to see if I would get a yield from doing this and I will share the results with you. and update on the results every other day, also I will be uploading pictures every weekend.
    So... any questions?

2. What strain you order? Also whats the size of the grow box?

3. sounds like you've read up on your growing ;)

How many seeds did you order?
    How many square feet of grow space do you have in your cabinet?
    How many of each CFL will you be using per plant?
    What type of seeds are you waiting for?
    What medium are you using? (if you're using a medium)

Hope to hear back :D

Good luck!

4. [​IMG][/IMG] 2x3x4 1/2 ft.

5. Try photobucket.com but you can upload in the reply box menu

6. The grow box is 2x3x4 1/2 ft.
    I am getting my seeds locally, because my credit card has been misplaced and I cannot remember the digits.
    The strain is probably going to be sour diesel, but i was hoping to go with a more idica dominate strain cause they are more forgiving to mistakes... so If i come across a better idica dominate strain I'll defiantly go with that one.

I'm going to use rock wool to start my seedlings ( rock wools counts as a medium right? )
    and after they get big enough, I'll be using my back yard soil.

7. Ill be using a 100 watts minimum for each plant

8. In the reply box menu all i see is add a link or url....i dont see anything that will let me upload a picture straight to GC

9. [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

10. My bad wrong forum. To upload us right under reply box. How many you plan on growing in the box?

11. I'll have two plants in the box, if that doesn't work out then I'll resort to one plant.

12. [quote name='"GodsHitman56"']I'll have two plants in the box, if that doesn't work out then I'll resort to one plant.[/quote]

Good luck and post some pics as the girls grow!

13. What's up with the two holes in the top of the box? Are you running two powered air outlets up there and passive intake on the bottom?

14. [quote name='"FunTimeGrowHap"']What's up with the two holes in the top of the box? Are you running two powered air outlets up there and passive intake on the bottom?[/quote]

The holes at the top are where I'm putting 2 PC fans.

15. With holes at the bottom and no fans right? Both fans blowing out of the box? Just checkin' here...

16. I got a bag seed from some bud I was smoking last night, with some friends...I'll germination it and hopefully it sprouts soon, so I can start this grow

17. Ditch anything with Miracle Grow on it, il give you nothing but headaches. Also, backyard soil isnt recommended for a number of reasons. A lot of backyard soil contains large amounts of clay depending on your area....this means terrible drainage and compaction. Outdoor soil also carries bugs and other unwanted pests into your grow area. You can make a far better mix for super cheap.....60 % peat moss, 30% perlite and 10% work castings (optional) will serve you much better. There are also a number of cheaper nutrient options that are a zillion times better than MG....that stuff is crap.

18. I baked the soil in my oven to kill all of the bacteria ( just to be safe ) and I also mixed some peat moss (20%) and a couple cups of perlite (20%) that i got for free from a friend.

I have never ever tried MG before and I've heard from allot of places that it was good and the same amount of places say its bad. so I got fed up with it and wanted to try it for myself.

Now of course it's not going to be the best yield or the best tasting bud on the block, but i just want to prove it can work. besides It's called weed for a reason, right?

19. I am very excited to see how this turns out.