cheap carbon air scrubber!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by W.A. grower, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ok so i finally found my supplies to make my air fillter a two foot long piece of flex dryer hose i put an over-head projector fan in one end and i am going to put some panty hoes down the other end and fill it with the activated charcole.

i dont know but i think it will work. if any one has any good ideas or suggestions your help is appreciated.:bongin:

2. Maybe it will work but its even not recoomanded to refill a real can filter so built your own from nothing is a chance that you take.

I know that the cheap homemade filter that I did doesn't work at all!

steeve

3. Its exactly this one that I build. Very well built, all the air pass thru the carbon filter but I can smell them and they only have 3 weeks. Notice that its only a pre-filter...nothing close to a canfilter 2600 (smaller one) that cost about 70$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Can-2600-carbon...ryZ43555QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its a 5.5 inchs diameter X 18 inchs long tube FILLED with A LOT activated carbon particle that have million small hole EACH that catch EVERY odor. Like I said...nothing close to the pre-filter that we use in the homemade one.

I personally bought the canfilter 9000 (8 inchs longer).

4. I want to see some pics when u blow soot all over ur room :D

5. Haha yeah pics of the blackened room please!

6. An overhead projector fan is not going to push/pull very much air through a carbon filter.

7. What you guys talk about? Blackened room?