Cheap bongs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jorge ibanez, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Wondering where I can find a decent cheap bong. I usually smoke papers but I'm thinking about giving bongs a try but I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on something I might not even use too often

2. I can find a decent bong at my LHS for about $30.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can get a pretty good cheap bong from dhgate just make sure you look at the sellers feedback and reviews from previous buyers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Go look at your local head shop. No idea where you live, but here there are so many glass blowers that a high quality, thick glass bong can be found for $30-45.

5. Don't buy from China.

6. Get a beaker from dhgate I got one for 30$ and it's pretty thick

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Definitely buy from China.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Get from China if you use on occasions. Don't get from China if you're going to milk every hit.

9. Just go to your LHS and buy a beaker maybe with a perk but just something simple. Dont forget the diffused downstem
    :smoking-bong:

10. And eat mcdonalds, all preference

11. Yeah, no. I know not a lot of people don't realize how glass manufacturing works, but there's not actually any magical attributes instilled on a piece due to a name being placed on it.

85% of everything you rely on all day long comes from China. But when it's glass... OMG no!! Fuckers crack me up all day long!

• Like Like x 2
  12. When did I type this rofl? Sorry, but what were you saying about glass?

13. I own a couple of name brand bongs but my favorite of late is a noname Chinese (I imagine) 8" bent neck Bubbler. It has a total of 3 percs, splash guard, is really thick glass, and is very smooth. Came w/ a Quartz banger, and glass martini bowl It seems very well made and I leave my Titanium enail on at 600deg. 18hrs a day...so far no problems. I bought it at a local head shop for $50!!! :smoking-bong:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have several bongs, some of which are no brand made in china pieces that I picked up along the way. While I use my main top quality ones a lot more, the chinese ones never failed me and for the price they are incredible!

15. You crack me up too.

I buy from America because that's where I am from. I support manufactures that make stuff here too. It's part of economics. Also, china doesn't have the standards that we use. I'm not saying America is perfect, expecially with the food that they supply and marked as FDA approved.

For instance, the pots and pans in your house. Are they American made or china made? Your heating them up pretty hot, and cooking food in them, that you and your family eat. Any by products in the metal will come out, if any. Chinese produced metal isn't properly recycled, heated, and produced. So they melt down a microwave and use it for your Honda, that's cool, sure. But melt down a microwave and make it into a 12 inch pan and sell it for 10 bucks have fun.

As for bongs, weed is expensive as shit, even at 100 dollars an ounce. Even if you grow it is expensive and time consuming. So if you want to buy a 50 dollar bong and take a chance that your heating up glass and inhaling stuff that isn't good for you go ahead.

Oh also, I've seen in person, so it's true. If you buy a pipe made from China it CAN have small fragments inside the pipe invisible to the common eye, and yes your inhaling small glass fragments. Even after a wikked good cleaning, small fragments will always be present. they just don't put the time into glass making. You see it with the easiest welds, their not even close. Eh whatever. Have fun with Chinese glass.

16. There is a big difference between an expensive piece of glass and china glass. The china glass is mass produced for low cost, so the quality standards are lower, which means misaligned percs or not made right and other such things like this

This affects the action of the piece. If it's an expensive piece of glass, everything should be made right and aligned properly to allow the best draw.

The craftsmanship of expensive glass is also way higher, meaning you don't see air bubbles or tool marks from the blowing process. Air bubbles are a weak spot for glass to break(no air bubbles means its less likely to break on a soft surface)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not that I disagree, since I do not know anything about making glass. My dog seems to like the expensive stuff too... She is a counter surfer and her curiosity has killed several pieces! She also likes to steal and eat my medicine!

• Like Like x 1