Chatroom

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by WorkingPlacebos, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i feel like grasscity should have a chatroom? anyone agree?

2. it does. hit the search button.

3. joke? gc has no chatroom.

4. sigh... ever since ive gotten to school i havent been able to get on irc... i dunno if its my laptop or the network... i have my firewall open to open port 6667... and other than that i dunno what else to do

5. there is also irc://irc.efnet.org/#grasscity

if you have an irc client that is..

6. That chat is poppin at certain hours, its better at night.

7. Actually, this chatroom is going to have to be shut down. Superjoint has made it clear in the past that chatrooms using the \"Grasscity\" name are not allowed.

8. Hm..thats not the same as the Gaetan one is it? :(

9. I\'m not sure I understand what you mean.

10. but it does not use the grasscity name its just lots of grasscity member go there

please dont shut it down:(

11. it isn\'t an official Grasscity chatroom or anything, pretty sure SJ can\'t shut it down, sorry SJ :wave:

12. The name of the chatroom is #grasscity, so I\'m not sure how you can say it doesn\'t use the name. I may not be able to shut it down myself, but I can tell you that SJ won\'t be happy about it.

13. indeed.

14. We don\'t use the one on EFnet that the user posted. We are in freejavachat.com and the channel is #stoners.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/gaetan/html/chat.htm

The Grasscity name hasn\'t been used in anyway. :D

I hope this doesn\'t come off like I\'m a smart-ass, but would you guys actually have been able to shut it down?

15. i have never seen the #grasscity the one that i chat at is #stoner

16. I think you guys are getting confused. I\'m not talking about any other chatroom but the one I quoted. I\'m definately not talking about #stoner. Read the post that I originally quoted. :)

I\'m not entirely sure.
    But what I do know for sure is that Grasscity.com does not want to be in any way affiliated with a chat room. SJ doesn\'t want you to use the Grasscity name without his permission.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/54799-chat-room.html

17. I was trying to be a smartass :) ...It\'s probably one of my worst qualities, and what earned me the title of \"little devil\" from my sixth grade teacher, she handed out these awards, nevermind, BUT sorry :eek: :) Oh, and motion, I finally got in btw, lol...

18. If Grasscity\'s name is being used then we have a problem. No one but SJ pays for Grasscity and it\'s name and to use the Grasscity name is moving into a territory that is best not moved into. I suggest that if the name is being used then it\'s changed.

I could care less who makes attempts to be a smart ass.

Also, from here on out, there aren\'t going to be threads about possible chat rooms, existing chat rooms or anything concerning a chat room that has to do with Grasscity or it\'s members if they all turn out like this!!!! Please don\'t argue over something that we have been firm about for years.

*Let me explain just a bit more. Grasscity can\'t risk any liabilities that may come from the use of it\'s name. If something insane happened in a chatroom that had Grasscity\'s name attached to it then it would not be good. For those that care about the City and understand, we appreciate that you do and appreciate you not using the name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.