chasing the high

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by waterhurley, Nov 21, 2009.

1. i just thought about something.... do you guys remeber the first time you smoked weed and how high you got? i mean this really applies for all drugs. i was just thinkin about when i was 15 and got high for my first time out of a coca-cola bottle bong i made. i honestly dont think ive ever been that high.

espically with opiates. i remeber when 2 vic 5/500's got me GOOD, now i can pop an oxycodone 30 and barley notice a difference. personally ive never done heroin, but my buddy and i were drinkin last night talkin about it. he was just sayin how after the first time he tried it, he always tried to get that same buzz and failed. i hafta agree with him on every other drug ive done. smoking weed, ive never gotten as high as i did the first few times yet ive tried countless times to get there. i can smoke a whle 8th and not be that high and pass out 20 mins later cuz im burnt.

i wish we had no body tollerence :(

2. I constantly chase the high as much as I don't want to. But, I also take breaks here and there. Like a week here, a week there. It lets my tolerance drop a little. :D

3. Yeah I know what ur sayin about the weed high, ill never get as high as I did the first couple of times. Although I may be getting as high but I can control myself way better and the feeling itsnt alien to my body any more so it may feel a little different

4. ive taken a 2 month break for a couple drug tests and still cant get there :(

that is true... when i first got high i couldnt control myself, now i can show up to work high and no one knows the difference. i can find my first posts on here back in 2003 asking advice on how to keep control of myself lol

5. The reason why the first high is unique compared to all your other times you got high is not only because you had 0 tolerance but more simply because you have never experienced it before. It's psychological. Since you've never tried the drug before, you're mind doesn't know what to expect and how to handle it. After smoking for a while, you know exactly what getting high feels like, so your mind anticipates it. You would be very surprised to hear how powerfully your mind can control things.

6. It's like riding a roller coaster. It's not nearly as fun the 3,000th time. I'm sure we've all done some drug, most likely weed, that we've done more than 3000 times. You get used to it, you know what's coming.

7. ya its just that now you know exactly what to expect.

8. you can only lose your virginity once :(

9. I think hydrocodone, oxy, and MDA were the best firsts that cant be matched for me.

10. Well tripping is still the same for me, but that's probably because it doesn't come around too often. LSD or shrooms, I'd take either..or both.

11. I feel like when it comes to weed anyway, I normally can feel more high than I did my first time. As long as I'm not smoking every day anyway. Nothing will compare to that first oxy I did though.... no other oxy yet has been that nice =(

12. i chase the "High" from the first time i rolled, thats it really

13. Laws of diminishing return suck :(

14. I don't chase the first high or even a particular event. After I've had some good experiences with a drug I end up kinda mentally putting it up on a pedestal. I remember back when that drug made all my problems go away and I chase that state. I also notice that when I'm in a good high I might even feel satisfied for awhile but when I look back after coming down, I'm left with no satisfaction.

15. yeah i don't really think its all that you have built up a tolerance, but you are just used to the effects so they seem less profound. stop doing the stuff until you forgot what it was like then do it again

16. It's really interesting how we can almost completely forget exactly what it feels like to be high, we just remember being happy. I find this especially true with weed. If I go without for a week I struggle to remember the effects.

17. Haha, I remember the first time I did vicodin I took 20mg of hydro and was so high I was sick. Now I could take 4 even without a tolerence and feel good but not really "high", oxy the first time was like feeling perfect. Hopefully I can get the same high from oxy again, because it was absolutely amazing. And to the guy above me YES haha, that happens to me all the time with smoking.

18. i dont think a couple months is long enough, years would be perfect. every couple years get really really high haha

19. That's why I like to think of drugs as an enhancement to life. That way I don't soley do drugs to get as fucked up as I can but rather any high is greater than none. :smoking: Haha the only thing I do regularly, as much as I hate it, is cigarettes. It's interesting to note that I can still get a good buzz early in the morning before I eat anything.

20. i know. thats what drives me nuts

i had the hardest time with 2 months never mind 2 years