Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Charlotte's Web vs Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MissMolly1129, Jun 30, 2017.

1. my first post!

These forums have been invaluable, and now it's time for a question that I can't seem to find an answer to:

I've been on a Charlotte's Web regimen for about 3 weeks now for anxiety and chronic pain. I haven't noticed any difference in my ability to get a more psychoactive high when I smoke but I am wondering about a reaction or lack there of with edibles? Before the CW, a typical 10mg dose of any edible had me flying high after about 30 minutes and it lasted for a few hours. In the last week, I've tried a 20mg dose of edibles and a 10mg dose with no discernible high at all, so I am wondering if it's the CW. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. Yes, it's the charlotte's web. For many of us, cbd almost completely prevents a thc high. I use indicas for sleep, and if I use cbd, I can't sleep. Try taking the cbd a long time before you want to get high, and that might help, but probably not. If I take a cbd dose in the morning, I won't sleep well that night.

3. I suspected, and that's disappointing. I had noticed it was taking more thc to get that kind of a high, but I thought it was because I have been smoking more lately and haven't taken any kind of tolerance break in at least 3 months.

So it looks like I either have to go cbd-free on days I want edibles or stick with smoking larger quantities.

So it

4. @MissMolly1129
    THC and CBD both attach to the same cannabinoid receptors and if they are all occupied with CBD then THC can't find an attachment. As I understand the process.
    I grown and smoked a couple of high CBD strains and tested them fairly well and no you can't get THC stoned if your still under the influence of CBD as it were. Even though CBD has no noticeable effects it does prevent me getting a buzz on.
    I gave up on the high CBD strains as for my personal pain-spasm relief I requite a fairly high dose of THC. I don't mind the "stone" so I get to have my cake and eat it too. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1