Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Charlotte, NC mid 40's stoner seeks like mindeds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by weedtheneed, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Greetings from the queen city... I guess being older than the average member of this forum always makes people think I'm a narco...tough image to overcome.

Why does everyone assume that only young(er) people like weed?
    Having had my share of hangovers, beer guts that I've had to burn off at the gym..I discovered the benefits of marijuana and then some...I love edibles....

Any suggestions as to how to overcome potential friend's fears of an older fan of the herb?

2. I always help out older people I meet. Met a guy at my normal bar the other day, his kids were in the adjacent movie theatre, his kid had just got his leg amputated from a terrible accident and he was all down. I told him to come get high with me, and we stepped outside and ripped a joint and I sent him home with a little nug. (I knew by this point he was definitely not a cop, I'm not an idiot - the bartender knew him too).

3. Just be cool. I'm 22, one of the guys in my circle is in his 60s. We call him grandpa. Dude usually has some badass stories to tell, I guess you could work that angle.

4. Yeah man just be real. If people immediately assume you're a cop, they're probably not worth your time... they're just amateurs.

I'm 24 - I love smoking with older people with experience to share.

5. #5 Storm Crow, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Go back to college- take an easy (night?) course- ceramics, Tai Chi, yoga, etc. Sit at the stoner's table in the lounge. Talk and be friendly.

Worked for me, and I was in my mid-50s! Took less than 2 weeks to get invited to a party and find a GOOD connection! There was even another "oldie", but we didn't "click" (he liked pills too much for a start).

You might consider installing some extra lights in a spare closet!

Granny

6. Just keep tryin, eventually youll find someone whos down and wont judge because of your age.

I personally love smoking with older folk, yall have so much wisdom and usually have waaay better stories and insight than my peers...

And definitely, as granny just suggested, start a grow, that way, you are your connect...

Good luck fellow blade.

7. I would smoke with you. Im 45 miles down highway 74 though. Hit me up

8. Smoking with "oldies" is the best. They always have amazing smoking stories and are always chill.

9. same story here. I'm just 22 and smoke solo 80% of the time (very busy) but when I do smoke with others it's older people. 40+. Much knowledge can be obtained from your elders! In the words of 50 cent grandpa, you'll only be as successful as the people you hang around. Not taking away from younger people because i'm one with much to share for my age! but I did hang around older folk when i was a teen 2 haha!

10. Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I am 58 and have been smoking since I was 16 (grew up in the 60's and 70's). When you are my age it gets harder and harder to score. I am in Charlotte too.