Charlies first ticket and dui...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Narliecharlie, Mar 11, 2008.

1. First off i want to say hello to all you grass city forum readers. I'm new to this websight so i apologize if i posted in the wrong forum. Anyways due to some poor judgement and procrastination i have put myself in a pretty confusing situation and i was wondering i could get any kind of feedback from my fellow pot smokers. Let me start off by telling you my story.

So just 3 months ago i decided that it was time that i get my life started and move out of my parents house. I moved in with one of my favorite pot smoking buddies so of course with the freedom of no parents and a constant smoking partner i increased my marijuana intake. With the new place also came a lot of free smoke sessions as house warming gifts and considering it would be rude to sit out i had to make sure i was in each every one of those smoke sessions. This led to pretty much a 2 week period where i was high all day. I also had school and a job at this time so i was doing quite a bit of driving while under the "influence". I didn't really think much of it because i'd been driving high since i got my license and i never had any weed on me so i figured i was in the clear and long as my eyes were clear.

So one night a friend of mine came over. We got really high and he needed a ride home at about 1:30 in the morning. Nobody else was offering to give him a ride and he was my friend so it was my responibility to get him home. So we left and started our trek towards his house. Halfway through the drive we came upon a 4 way intersection with traffic lights. The roads where completely empty and i needed to turn right at the stop light so i slowed way down almost to a stop but not completely before turning and then the next thing you know theres lights behind me. I'd never pulled over before so i was pretty rattled. I pulled over as soon as i could and awaited the police officer. He came over and explained his reason for pulling me over and asked for my license and registration. He then looked me in the eyes and said "how much have you had to drink tonight?". I was shocked by how blatantly he asked me. I looked at him and said "No officer". He then followed again with "well then how much have you been smoking?" I didn't have it in me to lie directly to the officers face so i said, "earlier today i did smoke." After that i was placed under arrest and taken to the city hall. They gave me a bunch of sobriety tests and a breathalizer, all of which i passed besides touching my nose (i have a hard time doing when sober) and my pupil size." He then asked if i wanted a blood test. i asked him if it was worth my or his time and he told me that no not really if i say no and sign here it will speed up the process. I did so and immediately after he punched my license.

Now skipping forward... tomorrow is my first court date and i dont have an attourney or money. I also dont have a parent to turn too because both my parents said they wont help me out if i ever get caught for drugs or alchohol.

I'm not so sure whats going to happen so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I know i made a pretty stupid decision so lets try to limit this to constructional critism thanks.

2. Damn I'm surprised the officer gave you a hard time about that. Props on not lying to the police though

3. can u even get arrested for saying that u smoked earlier in the day?

4. apparently so. the cop also locked me out of my car and told me hed help me find a jimmy the next day but when i called the next day i was told the police department isnt licensed to carry them and told me they didnt know what to do.

5. You'll probably get something small. Maybe a short probation period or something. I wouldn't stress too much, I'd say the worst thing would be a suspended liscense for a little. That would fucking suck, but good thing there is such thing as public transportation!

6. hahaha websight.

i just got off probation on feburary 29th... for non drug related causes.... anyways,

yea dude court sucks i will wish u best luck

7. court appointed public pretender to the rescue "da da dada" (the price is right failure sound)

u gotta be smarter than the officer; i know there wont be a next time, if anycop ever says anything about your eyes, says you are suffering from a "cornial abrasion" obviously that wont work if ur smoking or have been drinking the second he pulls you over. but its worked before and i know it will work again

8. wow
    i would think the cop would let you go being its so late
    just shows how hes got nothing better to do
    but you wont get it to bad seeing as its you first ticket.

9. cops will find the slightest reason to pull you over so you have to be careful

10. Let me this straight you got arrested for a DUI but you weren't drunk you were High? It must have been the end of the month they will pull you for anything. that's the po po's for ya:eek:

11. Why the f*ck did you tell him you smoked? Jesus you could have denied, denied and denied some more and you would have been fine. Red eyes are not enough for him to be able to search your car or detain you. Sorry, but you are an idiot.

12. People get scared. People don't know what to expect. People are not educated about their rights. Some people don't want to lie and will face their punishment willingly. There's all sorts of reasons people admit things to cops, run, or do whatever. Shit, not everyone has watched that video on YouTube about getting caught with pot.

I don't understand why there are some people on GC who are so blatantly rude to people who are coming here for advice or to share their story. You could have at least worded it differently.

To the OP, who bailed you out? And for a DUI, your license is probably going to be suspended (depending on where you live) among a couple of other things. But without a lawyer, you won't be able to fight this........ Do you have any other family (or family friends) that you can call to help you out with this situation?

13. In your opening statement, let the Jury know what "jury nullification" is and see how the judge reacts.