Charlie Chaplin

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by TNPAuTo, Feb 26, 2004.

?

What is your favorite movie genre?

1. Horror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Comedy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Action

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Romance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Spoof

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Anime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I have more respect for this man than anyone I know or will ever meet. I just watched "The Kid" and it brought a tear to my eye at the same time I was also wondering wtf? and laughing...anyways, I'm a weird mother fucker....don't listen to me. I just recently bought a DVD with 2 episodes of Charlie Chaplin "The Kid" and "Tillie's Punctured Romance", and it came with two episodes of Buster Keaton "Steamboat Bill Jr." and "The General". I have only seen The Kid, and no other Cuck Chaplin movies. I can't wait until I get some more nuggs this weekend...anyways, I also wanted to mention my favorite "stoned" artist(Larry Carlson). His art always tripps me THE FUCK OUT! check it out at www.virtualom.com As for my art and movies, like I said you can view some I have made with friends Sean and Eric Sullivan on www.newgrounds.com and we have also made multiple short films, and an actual spaghetti western that was 1 hour long. We won $400 third place at an amature film festival. I draw comics on my spare time, and havn't had time lately...but thanks for letting me waste your time :)

-DiCK

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. yes i agree charlie chaplin is a great guy..seen some of his early work with jenna jameson VERY HOT!

3. yeah yeah yeah, you stoned mother fucker. I know you know who he is, but thanks for at least being the only one to post on my thread!

-DiCK

Attached Files:

4. Charlie Chaplin was an tremendous actor and an even more influential cultural figure. I love The Great Dictator, especially the scene where he plays with the globe as Hynkel and the shaving sequence that mickey mouses to the Hungarian Dance by Brahms. Charlie makes use of both talent for silent film acting and his ear for dialogue. The movie is the best of both worlds.

5. Chaplin was a genious. Chekc out "the immigrant" and if you want to see some incredible roller skating, check out "the rink", he started it all.

brilliant brilliant comic.

6. Charlie is one of the greatest. Also check out "The Gold Rush". (My grandfather was in the real gold rush the film is about--1898)

Also check out Buster keaton, Harold Lloyd, Laural & Hardy, W. C. Fields, Snub Pollard and Abbot and Costello. All masters of comedy. Some silent and some sound. Very little today is anywhere near as funny as these guys. you din't even have to be toked up to laff your fucking ass off at them!

Oh, well--just an old fart talking!
    :smoke: