charity?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phyer, Jun 19, 2011.

1. After reading "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" (great book, check it out) I realized how half of the world is really living on $2/day. I decided I dont need most of the stuff I buy and they could use it more but I dont know which charities really give them money directly to the people in need. Any one know where my money could give the most benefit to those struggling to stay alive?

2. Pick a charity that teaches them how to fish rather than give them fish.

I think something involving either water or agriculture would be good.

3. You can always do it yourself. If you want to make sure food makes it to homeless people, you can find a way to just do it yourself. Often this approach helps you further understand the problem, as you are making direct contact with the people you are helping, allowing you to have access to their insight.

4. Theres some organization.. I forget the name... but it gives like a cow to a family to take care of and sell milk and such. That one sounded good

5. Heifer international.

6. Fuck the charities. Except for tax write offs. Yeah, tax write offs are nice.

7. Salvation Army seems to be one charity that sends more of every dollar collected to the inteded recipients.

8. Or education.

9. Spend your money supporting Ron Paul 2012...

If that guy made it to the big house the whole world could change for the better...

Help us peasants in the rest of the world avoid being killed by remote controlled planes...:(

10. ^^ Ive already donated and got my end the fed T shirt.

any tips on doing this. I dont really know where to start.