Charges dropped against florida grower

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Plasma, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I usually don't post this type of stuff. Thought it was pretty cool.
    \t\t\t

Charges Dropped Against Florida Man Growing Marijuana for Sick Wife\t\t\t

\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tNews
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t \t April 3, 2013
    \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\tby TheJointBlog

\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t
    \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG]Cathy and Robert Jordan.

Just a couple days ago we reported on a Florida man, Robert Jordan, who denied a plea bargain offered by the state – the plea came after officers raided his home, finding over 20 cannabis plants, which were being used to treat his wife, Cathy Jordan, who suffers from Lou Gherig's Disease. Cathy has lived over 20 years past her doctor's prediction because of the use of cannabis, which helps her fight depression, nausea, and other symptoms associated with the disease.
    In refusing to take the plea bargain, Robert made the smart move in standing up for his rights: It was his hopes that he would win a court case, or at least have his charges lowered, by proving “medical necessity”.
    In the state of Florida, despite medical marijuana being illegal, those who can go through the tough process of proving that they possessed or cultivated marijuana for medical reasons, can get their charges lessened, or dropped entirely. By making such a move, however, Robert risked being charged, without plea, of marijuana cultivation, which carries a penalty of up to 15 years in prison.
    According to a local news station in Florida, charges have officially been dropped against Robert Jordan. They've done so, of course, not out of the kindness of their hearts, but because prosecutors feel that he's in the perfect situation to win a “medical necessity” case. Because of this, they've decided to not make the effort in trying to charge him.
    This immediately clears Robert of any potential penalty associated with the plants they found him cultivating.
    Robert and his wife continue to lobby for marijuana law reform in the state: Currently a bill named in Cathy's honor, the Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act, is being discussed by Florida lawmakers.

2. That is great news. Let's hope for more outcomes like this.

3. Awesome story, no longer do we rely on jury nullification, but even prosecutors are recognising the beneficial use.

4. This made my day, thanks for posting!

5. That's awesome but Florida has just decided to ban the sale of bongs and pipes who else think this is bullshit cause I fucking do..

6. So true what a bunch of ass-backward fucks...

7. Nice glad they did

8. That does suck. If I lived in Florida, I would just order my pipes off the net. I ordered a bong once right here from Grass City and it got to my house in like 10 days.

9. Bet he didn't get to keep his plants and his wife will die or they will be penny pinching for medicine.

There is a dark side to this story.