charged with possession of a controlled substance...but i had no weed! ***long read..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Solid State Society, Mar 12, 2012.

1. I would try to argue that it wasn't weed. If there's little to nothing there how could they prove it?

2. [quote name='"l Palm trees l"']I would try to argue that it wasn't weed. If there's little to nothing there how could they prove it?[/quote]

It's really easy for them to scrape a little bit out and test it. Even if there is no visible green, they could still swab it.

3. [quote name='"l Palm trees l"']I would try to argue that it wasn't weed. If there's little to nothing there how could they prove it?[/quote]

Yeah I own a spacecase grinder myself, and theres definitely enough in there to test for something. Even the particles that stick to the teeth are enough to be tested.

4. #44 Solid State Society, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    Not really. A) The cops weren't even sure if it was us. B) This asshole was already screaming "Hands out your pocket!" even before he got out the car. He rushed at me and started pulling shit out of my pockets. You just won't get what I'm saying unless it happened to you.

edit: I don't think anyone understands this situation completely. I wasn't "talking back". The officer would accuse me of having marijuana and I didn't, so I POLITELY assured him I don't. Then that's when they escalated the confrontation as if I WAS being a dick. My right to speak freely doesn't even MEAN that I was "talking back", I was simply answering him. It was obvious that they were trying to get my friends to confess to something the officers want to hear. "Alright, somebody's lying. How much weed does your friend (me) have?" Like, what the fuck? They already found the grinder with the 0.003g of marijuana inside and I was being dead fucking honest with them. But they kept accusing me. I politely said no and got handcuffed. How the fuck does that work? Both the officers are airheads.

I can't completely convey the scenario in text because of all the details and emotions involved. But if you were there...you'd get it.

5. Of course.

6. Update

Today was my scheduled court date. I went in there with sheer confidence because I obviously didn't do shit besides trying to defend myself by exerting my rights. I approached the stand and I immediately opened my file. The photo of my bruised wrists was the first page that became visible. I didn't intend for that to happen though, I just scrambled my papers everywhere after looking them over. The duty counsel woman saw the photo and had this "wtf?" look on her face. She then handed me my documents with the written report by the officer.
    He falsified 90% of the report! He said that my friends and I saw the officers and started throwing stuff out of our pockets onto the grass. He said our breath "smelt like marijuana" and our clothes. He claimed that they found a squished joint by my feet. I threw the joint in the lake. They came one hour after we finished the joint. He claimed that I had a cylinder shaped weapon. I had my wallet and my keys in my pocket after he removed the grinder. The report said that I was in possession of a spliff that had 0.25 grams of marijuana with a street value of 5 dollars. Here's the kicker, the report also said that I was in possession of a grinder with 0.10 grams of marijuana with the street value of...$1. WHAAAAAT THE...? ಠ_ಠ SO! MUCH! LIES! The report is so full of bullshit that I began questioning reality. Are people really this fucked?
    After they stated what I was in court for, the duty counsel woman interrupted and told me to go have an interview next door. What the hell. So I do just that. He handed me a document called "FEDERAL ALTERNATIVE MEASURES PROGRAM - ADULT OFFENDERS". I read this heap of bullshit and it was telling me that I could do community service and also pay a 130 dollar fee. The man then said, "Okay. So just sign the page." I declined. Why the FUCK am I going to do community service for this? I have to work full time. No one supports me. I go to school part time. This would be a major waste of time. Be fucking LOGICAL HERE.
    I arrive at the stand again and they told me I can't speak my piece yet because I don't have a lawyer and I must apply for disclosure along with a court date. I told the duty counsel that I can't afford a lawyer because of all the expenses I'm responsible for. School is fucking expensive and so is transportation and food, idiots. So I will apply for legal aid. She had this disgruntled look on her face and said, "You know if you just do community service you won't end up with a criminal record."...Are you kiddin' me? Are you FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME?!! HOW CAN ANYONE OBTAIN A CRIMINAL RECORD FOR THIS IN ONTARIO? I wanted to tell her exactly what was going through my mind but I would get thrown out.
    Absolutely disgusting. I have to go to court on May 18th again to schedule a court date and possibly speak to a lawyer. This is absurd...

7. [quote name='"dopeboyhero"']Update

Today was my scheduled court date. I went in there with sheer confidence because I obviously didn't do shit besides trying to defend myself by exerting my rights. I approached the stand and I immediately opened my file. The photo of my bruised wrists was the first page that became visible. I didn't intend for that to happen though, I just scrambled my papers everywhere after looking them over. The duty counsel woman saw the photo and had this "wtf?" look on her face. She then handed me my documents with the written report by the officer.
    He falsified 90% of the report! He said that my friends and I saw the officers and started throwing stuff out of our pockets onto the grass. He said our breath "smelt like marijuana" and our clothes. He claimed that they found a squished joint by my feet. I threw the joint in the lake. They came one hour after we finished the joint. He claimed that I had a cylinder shaped weapon. I had my wallet and my keys in my pocket after he removed the grinder. The report said that I was in possession of a spliff that had 0.25 grams of marijuana with a street value of 5 dollars. Here's the kicker, the report also said that I was in possession of a grinder with 0.10 grams of marijuana with the street value of...$1. WHAAAAAT THE...? ಠ_ಠ SO! MUCH! LIES! The report is so full of bullshit that I began questioning reality. Are people really this fucked?
    After they stated what I was in court for, the duty counsel woman interrupted and told me to go have an interview next door. What the hell. So I do just that. He handed me a document called "FEDERAL ALTERNATIVE MEASURES PROGRAM - ADULT OFFENDERS". I read this heap of bullshit and it was telling me that I could do community service and also pay a 130 dollar fee. The man then said, "Okay. So just sign the page." I declined. Why the FUCK am I going to do community service for this? I have to work full time. No one supports me. I go to school part time. This would be a major waste of time. Be fucking LOGICAL HERE.
    I arrive at the stand again and they told me I can't speak my piece yet because I don't have a lawyer and I must apply for disclosure along with a court date. I told the duty counsel that I can't afford a lawyer because of all the expenses I'm responsible for. School is fucking expensive and so is transportation and food, idiots. So I will apply for legal aid. She had this disgruntled look on her face and said, "You know if you just do community service you won't end up with a criminal record."...Are you kiddin' me? Are you FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME?!! HOW CAN ANYONE OBTAIN A CRIMINAL RECORD FOR THIS IN ONTARIO? I wanted to tell her exactly what was going through my mind but I would get thrown out.
    Absolutely disgusting. I have to go to court on May 18th again to schedule a court date and possibly speak to a lawyer. This is absurd...[/quote]

Oh man, this totally sucks! What the hell Ontario?!

8. this thread really pissed me off. fucking hate cops.

9. get yourself a lawyer, and say your going to press charges against them for emotional destress, for locking your keys in the car and searching without consent or probable cause.

10. Sounds like an all too familiar experience with some extremely unprofessional cops.

Sorry that happened dude, I hope you got the info of the arresting officers. Take a formal complaint to their superiors, make sure you're aggressive with the complaint, too. If they drop or lower the charges and the judge goes easy on you, don't do what most people do and just blow it off like it never happened because you weren't criminally charged... you were absolutely and unmistakably mistreated by police officers. Make sure their bosses understand that.

11. I'm pissed off for you OP. this is completely unacceptable. I hope those cops get what they deserve.

12. You had a grinder with weed in it, they nabbed you. End of story

Don't carry shit around with you that you can't eat

13. damn op, I would've gladly taken the community hours and fine..(i just got caught with weed 3grams...and got a court date too). I'll be happy with anything if i can get away with this criminal record free...wish me luck.

did you have to go to a police station for fingerprints? cause i have to...and i live in bc.

and I wish you luck too, those cops were real dicks. and I thought mine was the dick one..

EDIT: also I'm gonna follow this thread, so please if you can update your situation here, id love to see how it goes

14. [quote name='"BlowTreeAllDay"']You had a grinder with weed in it, they nabbed you. End of story

Don't carry shit around with you that you can't eat[/quote]

Imo he was in Ontario, he shouldn't have to have worried about it. Of all the places. :-/

15. You don't understand, man. I had a grinder.

The officer falsified a report for 0.35g of marijuana. Then claimed it was worth $6. He just fucked himself over.

16. Idk man. I almost got caught today with a quarter. Im sneaky though haha

17. Lawyer up, inform the Canadian equivalent of the ACLU, and start stirring up the bowl of shit you're entitled to serve. Those sorts of cops are a shame to the law enforcement community, and should not have a badge.
    I'mma be Cpt. Hindsight for a second: When they were harassing you, you should have started collecting badge numbers, threatening litigation if they continue the crass, unconstitutional behavior. I think that would at least let them know that you aren't one to be trampled on.

18. #58 Solid State Society, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    I did exactly that. I told them that they're overstepping their boundaries and they grabbed me and cuffed me cause of that. They didn't want me to speak because they knew I wasn't intimidated by their aggression.

Habeas Corpus is on my side. If I didn't say that they would have brought me to the station then who knows what would happen after.

19. Truee:laughing: