charged with possession of a controlled substance...but i had no weed! ***long read..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Solid State Society, Mar 12, 2012.

1. I live near Square one, the cops just seem to take away.

2. These were 11th division cops. A lot of the cops I've met from 11th division are nice people. These two cops kept escalating the situation. I tried to calmly speak my piece and they would absolutely snap when I opened my mouth. I don't know why. It's one of those situations where you really have to be there to see what I'm talking about. I was taken back by their behavior.

3. you let the cops take complete advantage of you they didn't even have the right to search you

4. That shit sucks man, wouldn't surprise me here in the states but up there I thought it was a lot better :(

5. #25 intoyou, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Any time an officer comes in contact with someone I'm pretty sure they have the right to search them for weapons for their own safety...They had the right to search his car after they found the grinder, unsure why they searched the other car though. I always thought up in canada they just take your shit and let you leave especially when it's just a grinder. All I can say though is lawyer up when I caught my felony marijuana possession charges I thought dropping 10k on a lawyer was overkill but it sure did pay off!

6. This is right. They can immediately perform a "Terri Stop and Frisk" which allows them to pat you down for weapons, without your consent. If you resist, you'll be handcuffed and THEN they'll have probably cause to actually search you. Many people don't know this.

7. lawyer up, they have to have probable cause, it seems that they did not. therefore the grinder they found should be stricken from the records. report the fucking cops, lawyer up and sue the shit out of them. doesn't matter if you loose the suit to sue them, just do it so they don't harass anyone else.

8. I would go out on a limb and say someone called the cops on some kids smoking weed. Which is why you should toke at your house, nobody is gonna know...

9. [quote name='"McKronsky"']

Well, I would be able to help you if you lived in the United States, as I don't really know how the judicial system works up in the beasters. If you were in the US, i would sue his ass for everything. This includes emotional, physical, work-related, etc. damages.[/quote]

You REALLY had to quote ALL that?

10. Thats what makes people suck, people like you who let anything happen as long as it doesnt happen to them, no matter how messed up it is, the up side is eventually it usual happens to them too and then they cry about how messed up it is and they get another dick boo-hooing them

There really is no need to dog out Texas, not all of Texas is as bad as people like you make it out to be. Most places in Texas would of thrown it away or written a para ticket at the most.

OP get a lawyer and find out what they have, it has to be tested and it has to be enough that the judge doesnt laugh the arresting officer out of court. If he trys to throw down crumbs there going to throw it out of court

11. OP please do all within your means to get justice.
    That is inexusable..You should have asked for the cops names.
    If they refused then that would bolster your banged up wrists
    (among a ton of other things obviously at fault here)
    when you get a chance to speak to a judge. Convey all you can.
    Goodluck. i have no respect for intimidating mocking authoritarians.

12. #32 Solid State Society, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    It wasn't even my car. It was my friends vehicle. What had happened was after they put me in handcuffs they threatened my friends saying things like if we don't let them search the cars they will put us all in handcuffs and bring us to jail (lol wtf?)

13. I'm not sure about the laws in canada but from what it sounds like they did a lot wrong I'd fight this if I were you

14. It was all your fault.

1) Ask "Am I free to leave?" - If they say no, then you are being detained.
    2) If they ask to search you, say "I know your just doing your job officer but I don't give consent to searches." If they continue searching you, verbally announce you do not give consent to this search.
    3) Remain calm and polite the entire time, but do not talk back to the officer. If you truly have nothing to hide, then there should be no problems.

You were placed under arrest for having a grinder, and yes you can get in trouble for that since marijuana is ILLEGAL. You were talking back to the police officer and trying to act like some kind of lawyer giving them attitude. Next time ask if you are free to leave, if not then tell them you do not consent to any searches, if they still find the grinder you can fight the charges in court since they did not have any proof you were smoking.

The law is on your side, not against you. Take the ticket for possesion, and walk away smiling. Talking back to officers and resisting can get you placed in handcuffs, maybe next time show some respect for local authorities and you'll walk away free!

PS: Police are allowed to lie to you!! You made the mistake by letting them search your cars, you should have said "Officer I know you are doing your job, but I do not consent to any searches." Let them arrest you and bring you downtown, they won't do it because they have no probable cause to. You fell for their mind games, police are smart too.

15. Sorry man i just couldn't read all that, i actually only looked at the picture. If you didn't have weed, then yeah you can fight them... they can't charge for possession when you don't posses it.

16. Did you get there badge numbers?

17. I'd try to get it dropped on mere violations of rights and unconsented search.

18. OP lives in Canada so are all you blades sure these rights apply up there?

19. [quote name='"TheElcinator"']Tape a cop, face a felony charge - Fox News Video - Fox News

It's stories like yours that make me realize why the police wants laws like these.

Edit: I know it's fox, but still.[/quote]

Even if you ask to tape a cop and they say no, I feel like it would sound worse in court that they told you no in the first place. Sounds way sketchy.