Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Charged With Felony for a Grinder... What do I do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Icyunvme, Dec 26, 2010.

1. I got arrested one morning in college in a 4-Bedroom suite in college. The DEA arrested my roomate who they had the search warrant for bc they had him on tape selling weed to undercover police officers on multiple occasions, and bc I had a grinder on my desk they confiscated that and are trying to charge me with a felony for posession of "hash." It is a 3 piece grinder w/ a silk screen. They said that if I comply with the law and snitch on a dope dealer, that I would be able to remain as a suspect on the case and get off as if it never happend. However, I trust cops about as far as I can throw them... So the question arises should I get a lawyer or just comply with police. I have a stupid wanna be thug I could snitch on and THEN potentially get a lawyer if they don't hold their word.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've never heard of a grinder of any sort being a felony and believe this is bull shit. Just wanted to see what other smokers thought.

2. #2 NySt0nerPunk, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    A felonly is possession with intent to sell, Pushing weight. If you didn't do anything, I don't see why they are giving you shit. in some states. They need to bring evidence of what they confiscated from you into a court room. It seems like they are corrupt noobs. It sucks to deal with people's shit.

They go after people who push weight.

3. So basically if u don't comply with them ur charged with posession? and i doubt u can if there was nothing in the grinder

4. Say that it was his grinder? He's already getting fucked pretty badly, might as well just pile the shit on.

5. Yea but penalties increase in "school zones." Not sure if college is considered in that zone. I started a similar thread a while back, if kief in a grinder can be considered hash and a felony, but who knows.

6. I don't know what the fuck to do because this seems so outrageous, this should just be a misdeamanor if not JUST a ticket... Maybe because it is in Texas? Or they just really want me to snitch and hope I don't fight it?

7. Snitch. but on your roommate. make them promise you that youll get away clean and then tell them your roommate was the dealer and it would make sense and would have to ok you!

or am i just high.

8. Get a lawyer or ask for a lawyer and don't say SHIT...

9. dont say anything you dont have to no extra info

10. #10 NySt0nerPunk, Dec 26, 2010
    they are waiting for you to rat someone out, This is what happens all the time, You think they actually go out looking for people who deal
    They get paid to scare people and give up the "Dealer". Honestly either you don't have one, you got from a friend. they are really pushy on their shit, They use scare tactics.

It's a fucked up society.

This case won't make it into the court system. They they hold hearings and trails for people who do more serious shit. What they said they are charing you with a lie.

When these cases go to court, they need to show the evidence, If you don't a large amount of bud, you are considered a waste and not worthy enough to convict for their benefit. they actually can't even make it to court without having evidence first.

Good vibes man, it's sad.

11. just say it was your friends

if he already has charges for distrubution, im pretty sure a grinder isnt gonna hurt on top of that.

Plus he should take all the blame, selling to random strangers is a no no :devious:

12. Thank you very much for everyone's input so far! It's awesome to know how well stoners have each others backs haha. So if the plan is to get a lawyer to fight this bull shit case, ANY idea how much a lawyer would potentially cost for a bull shit charge like this?

13. i live in texas and that sounds like some shit they'd pull

they'll impound your car and suspend your license if they find ANY bud in your car

texas, afaik, is a place where potheads come to get fucked :(

14. #14 NySt0nerPunk, Dec 26, 2010
    it's just harassment Ignore them, eventually they will leave you alone or put you on a list to continue their bs.

Good luck man, It sucks you have to deal with this shit. They think they are busting someone big time? local people who sell are small time. It's like a chain of snitches. One guy snitches on another, Guy gets interrogated. Snitches on his guy. Yep. Until they possibly get someone big time worthy of a conviction

They are trained to scare people. I have been arrested by narcs before because i smoked a clip in a park, and they were staking it out secreltly. Talk about wrong place wrong time

i got a ticket for smoking in pubic they took me to the precient in a van filled with other unfortunate people who got caught "Smoking burning marijuna in a public place" They had me drop my underwear, Which is illegal to do. I felt violated.

I did not expect a man and woman to be staking out a park randomly waiting for someone to spark up. total buzz kill sitting in a van in hanfcuffs picking up other people on the street

one dude said he caught lighting one up in his car. They prey upon people who can't keep their stuff on the down low. While i do admit, it was stupid of me to smoke in a park.

15. First of all, you should have denied that the grinder was yours. But it seems like it's too late for that. Second of all, this shouldn't be more than a misdemeanor. But if it IS an actual felony, then you have the right to a lawyer, because you face possible jail time. You could get your own lawyer if you want, but if you don't wanna pay $2000 out the ass, make the state provide you with one.

16. I'm simply a 20 year old college student studying Engineering and REALLY don't want to get the parents involved. Is it best to ask for a lawyer from the state or try to setup a payment plan for a hired lawyer?

17. It is the DEA
    They would raid a house for a GRAM. Thats the DEA HARD at work lol

HASH is incorrect. you have not added any form of heat to the weed, so i dont think it can be called hash

as for the lawyer, its up to you and your wallet.

18. Any item that can be used as a drug processing, packaging, or consumption mechanism can be defined as paraphernalia under 481.002 (17) of the Texas Controlled Substances Act.

Simple possession of drug paraphernalia is a Class C Misdemeanor, which carries a penalty of fines up to $500.

The punishment largely depends on the amount of drugs involved and your previous conviction history, but it's very possible you may not have to serve time for a drug possession conviction if it's your first offense for a relatively small amount.

If we can show the officers did not have probable cause, your consent, or a search warrant, you may be able to challenge the legality of the search.

Texas Drug Possession Laws - Marijuana Possession in Texas - Criminal Defense Lawyers in TX | Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers

19. just say it was your roommates and you had no Idea what he did on his spare time you had nothing to do with him and his business ?

20. That may work, but if your friend is hauled away, and you laid that on him.
    and you got off clean. imagine the hate he could build towards you for adding more to his charges right

Sure its possible maybe. but its a dick move, and a bad one for future too