Chappelle's Show

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by General Stoner, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Im sorry if there's already another topic about this show, but this to have been the funniest show ever. The Wayne Brady skit still has me Rollin.

2. I still don't know what the hell happened to that guy, I miss him. :(

3. From what I heard, the Rick James skit got so popular at the time that it was stopping him from doing his stand up. Like he couldn't tell a joke w/o people screamin "I'm Rick James, bitch!" at him. So he couldn't take the fame anymore and lost his mind and ran away to Africa for like 2 years or some shit. He came back and just pretty much quit the show biz.

4. Not exactly. It's more to do with him feeling that his audience completely missed the point of his sketches, particularly those that included black stereotypes.

5. you mean all of his skits??

6. Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

7. [quote name='"General Stoner"']From what I heard, the Rick James skit got so popular at the time that it was stopping him from doing his stand up. Like he couldn't tell a joke w/o people screamin "I'm Rick James, bitch!" at him. So he couldn't take the fame anymore and lost his mind and ran away to Africa for like 2 years or some shit. He came back and just pretty much quit the show biz.[/quote]

He wouldn't say he's really crazy and he still does standup.

8. I saw him on Youtube doing stand up recently, hes not a scrawny ass black dude anymore, he got buff.

I also heard he quit doing his shows because he would be up for 20+ hours a day creating the skits, just got to tiring. But shit, if he brought the show back, I would be one happy mother fucker.