Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

changing toking habits

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cosmicmerlynwood, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Hey guys had a question. Ive been toking daily for a year and 8 months. because of imminent drug test for employers potentially and other reasons possibly. I have decided to change my toking habits to just the weekends and for special occasions. I have heard that for a daily user it could take up to 3 months to pass a urine test especially if the user has been toking daily for over a year. or more If i were to change my habits now which i already have by staying off for over a week and i plan to keep these habits for a long time. After 3 months would the detection time change to what my habits represent or would it take longer. I don't have to take a test anytime soon but i'm curious.

2. Are you asking if you'd pass a drug test cutting back to smoking only on the weekends? A test that you don't need to take any time soon? Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. #3 cosmicmerlynwood, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    If I had to it would be within the next 5 months. There's not a rush to take it because i can push it back. its an annual blood and drug screen that my doctor does not actively keep track of only usually in the summer and she only notices it when i see her. I ended up never taking it last year and she never mentioned it to me other than this year i was due for a new one and she noticed it was a while since i had my health and drug screen.To her she probably forgot to get me a slip. I'm not forced to take it at a certain date and i see her every few months. There's a good chance that she won't even remember because shes pretty old and because of the frequency i see her. after my research, the detection time for someone who tokes only up to 3 times a week would be able to get clean in 2 to 3 weeks. There's a good chance i can get away with taking it early next year before summer. My question is if changing my habits would reduce the time to get clean if I take a test further down the road in the time frame i mentioned.

4. I would say your height and weight along with your activity level will play a much larger roll in how soon you can detox than how often you smoke. If you smoked once a month, then maybe, but I don't see their being much of a difference between daily smoking VS weekend smoking.
    I've smoked daily for 17 years and can detox in 2.5 weeks Every. Single. Time. But I'm also 6' tall, 160 lbs, and lead an active lifestyle.
    You say you've ready been clean a week, so I would go ahead and see how long it takes to piss clean. Take a home drug test in about a week or week and a half. Then test weekly until you're clean. There is your base line test. After that, change your habits for a few months and try again.
    Better yet, go ahead and get clean, then actively try to get your medical physical done.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

5. I 5'6 148. I workout 5 days a week with 2 cardio days included. My metabolism is pretty damn fast. Ill take your advice and see how it goes. I've had cravings to do it since ive been off it but it think thats more because of stress because i have a final exam tomorrow that ive been studying for all week. Once i'm done i'm betting my cravings will go away since ill be less stressed since that is usually why i toke up. Does it matter the quality of the home tests? Thanks for the advice.

6. Anything from Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc will work. The THC only tests are cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

7. You don't even have to smoke weed to be paranoid...just believe everything you hear online.

8. I don't believe everything i hear online but on the topic of drug testing there is no definitive answer. It's based on personal experience and what you tell one person may work for them and not someone else. Ill take advice from someone and try it. It may or may not work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I feel you. My last DT I got the call for the job interview on a Wednesday so I stopped smoking the next day and the test was Friday. Mouth swab tests typically detect 24 hrs of what's in your mouth. Never had a piss test before tho so Idk how to cheat those.

10. #10 cosmicmerlynwood, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Based on the fact they never call me about it and never notice it because of the fact they see multiple people. I question whether or not getting clean is worth it. My options would be to get clean and take the test a few months from now just to be safe or just put it off forever. If she asks I can tell her she never gave me a slip to do it. I doubt she remembers each visit.My word against her word. The slips are not time stamped.I am also probably not going to be with this doctor who is just an NP for more than 2-4 more years. I initially thought just over a month would be sufficient, but based on ,my research, there is no way to tell. could be 30 days could be 90 days. There was an event that i did want to toke up for within the possible time frame later down the road. I'm not trying to just get out of it 100%, but i'm just a little frustrated because i thought quitting within 5-6 weeks would be guaranteed. when i have friends and family always toking, it is a little hard to not be somewhat tempted. regardless i do plan to cut back so its more of a reward instead of just a daily habit like a smoker and to clear my head a little bit. I don't want to sound like i'm venting, but whatever anyone has to say about this ill consider. Thoughts?

11. Why is your doctor doing a yearly drug test?! That is the weirdest thing I've read. My doctor has never asked for that.