Changing the way we police in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeedCat, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Possuum, I don't believe I was directing my question at you. That clearly hit a nerve with you. What are POC men?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, if they didn't do jack and got pummeled by the cops, I would expect the cops to take full responsibility. Cops can't go around beating up innocent people.

3. #303 WeedCat, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021

4. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of her stuff. I support BLM absolutely but when you get a in to one person's idea, that's when it usually goes south for me especially if they have big egos. But I'll get back to you on this one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You sound like a bad impersonation of Borat. What does any of this have to do with the original subject?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Just disagree with all of his posts, he seems to like that. :ey:

j

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. #307 Possuum, May 8, 2021
    "people of color". i can't keep up with what's fashionable and mainstream. use of it might seem a bit broad brush :rolleyes: but i think it generally means anyone who is not white. that's what i bristled at with your question centered on "white men", it's very broad brush. i think garrison gave you a good response, peculiar you didnt give me a simple yes or no answer. i sorta figure thats some psychological trick i often see played out here in these threads: always answer a question with a question to keep your debate adversary off balance and off point.

use of language, especially the written word, is very important and i think you know that, and i know jaspurr knows that as she is a very skilled activist and propagandist, always quick to cut-n-paste some lengthy non-original post complete with graphics, memes, and slides that's intended to support her pov. she's a pro.

i'll say again that a hammer and nail approach to seeking whatever it is "you" seek may sometimes work one on one but if any of you think you are somehow going to improve your lot in life by broad brush demonizing "whites" it's not going to help you individually or collectively.

jaspurr is not to be taken serious imo. i certainly dont. you on the other hand, your words matter to me so if i'm to take you seriously i need to know where you're coming from. right now i see you broad brushing white people and i'm interested if you support Patrisse Cullors. turns out neither of you claim to know about her but maybe you in particular should. it's got nothing to do with her siphoning off donation money to "lift up her family" while doing squat with her organization and, here's the biggie for me, she is an avowed, card carrying marxist! that's not good for you and it's not good for me for her to have such a platform as "black lives matter" when in reality all she really cares about is her life and those lives closest to her. just look at her history and look at the fruit she's produced.

"white men". wtf does that even mean? white men from russia, argentinia, south africa, germany, ukraine, denmark, sweden, california, canada, mississippi, england, ireland??? what "white men" are you speaking of? is this the same "white men" that weedgrowsontrees was speaking of?

so my question was, do you agree with any of the criticism that comes your way about black/brown men, and i'll full qualify the question by focusing it on black/brown men in all of the US.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #308 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    Thank you, I appreciate your compliments even though it was in your subconscious, I could see it clearly in your post.

What I do is known as referencing, I include a citation to validate my comment. It's the same thing authors of books do when they include a bibliography in their books to reveal the sources of the information they used in their books. It provides credibility to whatever they are writing about.

I always put in the source of where I get my knowledge from so you can look up the link for yourself to see it's not 'fake news'. In short, I back up my comments.

If I were to just post my comment without a reference, you would then reply, 'that's BS'.

So to save us both time, I post in a link so you can read the source material from where I get the information that I'm using to debate the comments that I see as either propaganda or misinformed.

I notice you're singling out an individual who may not have a great reputation and using her reputation to put down a movement against police brutality and systemic racism, thus diffusing the issue at hand. You're trying to redirect attention to one individual and conflate her reputation with a movement, in order for you to badmouth what is essentially a worthy cause.

People are protesting because they all want to end systemic racism in the police force and put an end to individual LEO's acting as judge and executioner.

The BLM in the USA as a corporation is one thing and I'm guessing many who turn up to the protests are not registered members of the BLM corporation much in the same way most gun owners in the USA are not registered members or affiliated with the NRA?

The protesters against indigenous deaths in custody in Aus. have no ties to BLM whatsoever but they are using the same message to protest against the same injustice.

Our protesters see that people in the USA are very angry with racist police officers in the USA so they organise their own protests to protest against the racism in Aus. and they stand in solidarity with all those that are protesting racism in the USA.

Do I think people in the USA should protest against racism and police brutality - Absolutely!

Should people in every country protest against racism and police brutality in their own country as well as around the world - Absolutely!

j

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. #309 SmokinP, May 8, 2021
    Look at a map Possum, there’s a sea between Ireland and the UK.

If you are referring to Northern Ireland, then the policing laws are different there than in the mainland UK.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You mean the individual that is in complete and total control of the +$90 Million that was donated to BLM Global Network but refuses to assist other BLM satellite “branches” in other cities worldwide and has in fact been called out by other said branches for lack of transparency over the massive amount of donations?

The same BLM that, as stated above showed in their mission statement that they are trained Marxists and anti “Western prescribed nuclear family structure “? The same ones whose organizers advocated violent rioting & looting last summer?

“Black Lives Matter” mentality itself I have nothing against and to protest against police brutality is necessary - but the corporation itself that is behind the movement is scum.

j

• Like Like x 4
  11. When you speak to them online? That’s a pretty neat trick. How is it you can tell where someone is from, judging by a couple of text posts?

j

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. #312 jerry111165, May 8, 2021
    The “Police Federation of Northern Ireland” that is directly involved in officers pay, benefits, retirement et al sure sounds like a union.

Edit: what is the difference?

“The Federation produces a regular newsletter called PoliceBeat which gives its views on police issues and contains news for its members. On a day to day level we deal with matters affecting officers pay, conditions of service, legal matters and the many other areas which affect officers on duty.

Sure sounds like a union without directly saying “Union”.

About | Police Federation NI

j

• Like Like x 2
  13. Too bad. Welcome to GrassCity.

j

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. #314 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    I agree with this 100%, that is what this thread is about.

I don't know enough about it to comment but corporations in general are out to make money and their goal is to keep increasing their profits year after year for their shareholders and to climb the stock market ladder in order to get an increasing number of people to invest in them - often at the expense of exploiting workers rights.

I'm guessing a lesser percentage of the protesters are BLM members than gun owners are NRA members.

The BLM corporation is NOT what this thread is about.

I agree that sounds hilarious and will admit it came out wrong.

I know Germans both in real life and have many as online friends, I've been to Germany a few times, it's a great country but I find that part of Europe too cold for my liking. I hate winter even in Aus. The good thing about it here in Sydney, even in winter you get nice blue skies and it can be warm for at least some part of the day ... if you're standing in the sun. lol.

Getting back to the point, due to my experience with Germans online, reading how they construct their sentences, how they spell, the broken English they use, how they phrase their sentences when they speak, this guy comes across as a total fraud.

His phrasing isn't even typical of a Russian like he claims. When I asked him to reply in Russian he couldn't. He then felt threatened and flubbed out, dodging the request by changing the topic to complain about someone redding (sic) his posts; he didn't fool me.

He has created a bogus account and has come to this forum to troll.
    Perhaps we should report his account if what he is doing goes against forum rules?

j

15. Again - you can tell this how?

What exactly did he do against forum rules? Or do you mean like you disagreeing with all of his posts and still posting memes in Politics?

jesus.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. #316 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    Experience and gut feeling; something is not quite right, a detective's hunch you may call it.
    I could be wrong of course but the evidence to me indicates I may be more right than wrong.

I didn't say he violated forum rules. If you notice there is a question mark at the end of my sentence for a reason.

I'm asking the question.

I didn't disagree with all of his posts and I'm not sure who he's complaining about.

As for myself, I read his posts and when I did not agree with them, I hit the disagree button.

Is that against forum rules?

I notice this thread is heavily moderated, I do not post solo memes per post with no context or comment, they add illustration to the point I am making.

I notice again you are trying to derail this thread, just like your fake German/Russian friend, can we please get back on topic?

j

17. That’s Northern Ireland you are referring to Comrade. I live in Ireland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ok thanks. I’m honestly not familiar with it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. @SmokinP what a bunch of tools us "white people" have been. you SJW's come in here and try to act like you are so, so, concerned about american black lives, and of course ALL black lives, and you dont. the lass from OZ is a total propagandist not possessing one decent thing to say about white people, smokinp is of course always a winner with his white-man-guilt routine.

i beginning to think maybe weedgrowsontrees had it right and i should have just stayed out of it. you guys bring out a lot of anger with me so congratulations for "winning" the argument. the reality is i just dug my heals in deeper because of your posts. again, congratulations.

@Jaspurr you are without a doubt the worst example of someone trying to provoke positive change in racial disparity, leveling the playing field, recognizing that "black live matter". you just reset the button back to zero for me.

so there you go racist, SJW, marxists. you certainly "won". you people make me nauseous and represent EXACTLY the reason race relations are indeed fucked up, and because of attitudes like you two display herein they will remain fucked up. i can not empathize with you any longer.

may you reap the bounty of discord that you sow. now i'm really shaking my head but it's clear. i can certainly see you two more clearly now. good luck on the verbal battlefield to sow discord and hatred! jaspurr you are top dawg at that. you've done so much positive good in the week or so since you came here talking shit. great job!

this sucker here is o_u_t of this convo and any other one that tends to demonize "white people" whoever the hell they are. you racists bigots.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Take a deep breath and now exhale. Repeat three times in succession. Remember this is the internet Possum, no need to get so excited and start hurling abuse and calling people names.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.