Changing the way we police in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeedCat, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my gawd weedcat. after all that BS that went down previously with weedgrowsontrees and you are gonna post such a BS question like that.

i'll answer your question; yes.

now your turn, do you agree with any of the criticism that comes your way about POC men?

• Like Like x 3
  2. I will agree with some criticisms of some white men, most white men, etc., it depends on the issue. If we are discussing a belief that white men are the purveyors of all of the world's evils, and always somehow responsible for other people's problems including criminal behavior, I do not agree.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ^ Nobody should ever tarnish everyone from a group with the same brush.

Many whites protest just that, so they obviously don't believe 'all white men'. It's just that there are so many 'white men with oppressive ideologies' in positions of power and reluctant to change that paradigm.
    Some will pretend to be all for diversity but in reality....

[​IMG]
    j

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The cops or the victims of police brutality.

5. This picture suggests that there is discrimination in the workplace and not enough women and minorities in higher-up positions. Do you believe that the government should force private companies to promote them (women and minorities) over white men, even if they are not as qualified?

• Like Like x 1
  6. #286 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Of course not, the problem is when many women and minorities that are 'better qualified' are being overlooked for the job.
    I've personally experienced both cronyism and nepotism and I understand wanting to look after friends and relatives, it's the nature of the beast unfortunately.
    I always have to smirk when it comes back to bite them in the arse when the boss's son or the founder's grandson for example sinks the company due to bad decision making. Good business acumen isn't passed down through DNA or through friendships, you have to earn your stripes in a dog eat dog world.

When big money or big responsibility is involved one should always pick the best person for the job.

World-first research shows female CEOs boost companies by $80m on average

The study, based on six years of Australian companies' gender reporting to the federal Workplace Gender Equality Agency, has established that companies who appointed a female CEO increased their market value by 5 per cent — worth nearly $80 million to an average ASX200 company.

Increasing the number of women in other key leadership positions by 10 per cent or more, meanwhile, increases a company's market value by 6.6 per cent or an average $105 million.

Key points:

• A world-first study shows a link between greater gender diversity and business success
    • It found a female CEO increased market value by 5 per cent
    • A third of the 11,000 companies WGEA collects gender data from have no woman on their boards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Further reading if you're interested:

How much is a female CEO worth to a company?

j

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. #287 garrison68, May 8, 2021
    That study was done in Australia. The United States is a different country, in many ways, most notably in size. I would not put too much stock in it, There are many ways to fudge a statistical report. They would not have put out a report that said the opposite, This would not be the desired outcome that their client(s), or the government, would want.

8. #288 WeedGrowsOnTrees, May 8, 2021
    Thank you for understanding. I don’t like the anti white hate too, but if it comes down to it, I will oppress and fight back to what they are trying to portray white people as. If they can call white people anything they want, well so be it, I will call others what they don’t want to be called

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don't be so sure, especially when there are so many men in power that want to see women fail.

Yes the USA and Aus. are two different countries but men and women still have the same differences in both countries. Sure an Aussie female flying over to the USA and trying to run a US company would not be prudent but I'm sure there are plenty of business savvy women in the USA that could outperform some of the men.

j

10. #290 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    Dude, just give up.
    You're digging a deeper hole for yourself with every post.

Nobody here has posted anything that is anti-white and nobody so far has been hating on whites; it's all in your mind.

What you said was extremely racist, unacceptable on every platform and not justified in the slightest.
    You should be ashamed of yourself, especially since you're a non-white immigrant; I'm very surprised you haven't been banned.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. How was it racist. It was an over exaggeration of conditions that was meant to be taken as a joke.

12. #292 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    An over exaggeration of ones relation to their ancestral home in a very derogative manner is racism.
    Not all blacks are from Africa.
    Not all blacks can trace their ancestry to an area occupied by gorillas or giraffes.

Negative racial stereotyping by over exaggerating the truth to make the race look foolish, primitive, etc. is indeed racism and that is what you did.
    You basically were telling them to go back to where they came from not realising they're US citizens by birth which makes them rightfully more American than you and America is where they came from.

Racist jokes is racism.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Overall, I do not believe that most women would outperform most men, all else being equal, in most workplaces. I have worked at enough places of employment to have observed a few things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Hi. I am talking averages. It is certainly true that some women can outperform many men, but I don't think that this is true most of the time, for the majority of women.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I don't know where you have worked, on a building site for example, most men probably would outperform most women.
    I also did not say 'most women', the research I posted consisted of companies that had female CEO's and compared them to companies that had male CEO's.
    These were not companies that elected female CEO's just as tokens, these women made their way to the top clawing tooth and nail to get there and usually have to work harder than men to prove themselves.

You're confusing the issue with 'female quotas' which I don't entirely agree with. Sure, give women a chance to prove themselves but at the end of the day you have to pick the best person for the job.

Let me give you an example, NASA scientists believed female hormones would disrupt a woman's ability to fly in space. We're not talking Jim-bob's Chicken Farm but NASA - FFS!
    The first US female in space didn't happen till 1983 - Sally Ride in STS-7 and she was asked by male mission planners if 100 tampons would be enough for a 7 day journey - hahaha.
    The Soviet Union beat you guys by 20 years sending their first female, Valentina Tereshkova, into space in 1963.

Sorry for nerding out, lol but women still have to face that same old fashioned mentality as many 'old white men' in industry, govt., etc. still have this very primitive way of thinking... and by the way, there are male minorities that get overlooked for roles as well due to their skin colour, ethnicity, etc. so they would defeat your male vs female gender stereotyping.

It's still the old white boys' club in many circles both here and in the USA.

j

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I have to wonder how many women have you asked online to send you photo of bobs and vagene.

j

• Like Like x 1
  17. #297 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    [​IMG]

Let me give you a tip, fake accents do not translate in writing, even though some foreigners may pronounce the word as ignerant, they still write it as ignorant; they're not that stupid and many tend to write better English than some native English speakers. It's the phrasing that is different.

By the way, you're pretending to be a German but writing some other accent, I know Germans when I speak to them both online and in person.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I know Russians even better, speak to me in Russian and I'll be able to tell straight away if you've used Google translate, dialects are hard to fake.

j

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. @Jaspurr and @WeedCat i'm asking a simple question and i'd request a simple yes or no answer.

do you support Patrisse Cullors the person? just a general, broad brush question requesting a yes or no answer. tia.

20. #300 Jaspurr, May 8, 2021
    To answer you honestly, I don't know enough about her as a person, news of her is not filtering through here as much as other US news. She's not enough of a celebrity for Aus. media to post about her and I have no investment in searching her out to read about her.

I have vague memory of some claim about her funnelling money into her property and a fact check reveals this is fake news.

there is no evidence to support the idea that Khan-Cullors used donations that poured in amid nationwide protests in 2020 to bankroll the purchase of four homes.

Fact check: Misleading claim about BLM co-founder's real estate

This would indicate she has haters working for the media if they're not going to fact check a story and risk being sued for printing lies about her. If they know it's fake news, it shows they're willing to accept paying out her lawyers as long as it discredits her enough for whoever is behind it all to gain from it.

j

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.