Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Changing the smell of the smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tkm119, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Is there anything that can be added to change the actual smell when smoking? Looking for way to hide it when out in public! Would prefer to not use tobacco...

2. I'm sure you can find some herbs online to add with the weed. I have some lavender flower and I add a small amount to my jay and it does an okay job with the smell. Also tastes kinda nice.

3. Whatever you add to it, it's still going to smell like weed. Only it will also smell like whatever it is you added to it. There is no magic ingredient you can add to it that will take away or cover the smell of weed. That's not how things work. Add lavender to it, and it's going to smell like weed and lavender. Add tobacco, it's going to smell like weed and tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
  4. you'd have to be one heck of a chemist if you wanted to change the smell of smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Okay maybe not fully change the smell guys. Just sort of mask it in a way?

6. Yeah, same answer. You're just asking the same question using different words.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Great help. Thanks

8. Dude, that's how smoke works. The only way to change the smell of smoke is to scrub it with like a sploof. You can't add anything to the weed itself to change the smell. Do you burn incense when you smoke? Think about how much incense you have to burn to fully hide the weed, and even then it doesn't fully hide it.

9. Adding anything else will help with the smoke, but it will never mask it. There will always be the smell of weed. You just have to hope the other smell is strong enough to not attract too much attention to the weed smell.

Personally, I stick to vaping in public now. A lot easier to be discreet with a portable vaporizer (never tried pen vapes but I think they just combust the weed).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nothing's gonna fully mask the weed smell...the best you can do is adjust your smoking methods to create less smoke in the first place. I.e., make a sploof or do snaps in an apple pipe. If you're smoking outside joints can be easily discarded if needed, but they make more smell, and in pieces you can do snaps, but then you're holding onto a smelly piece after that.

As said, smell cannot be fully masked. Weed is one of those things with a permeating, strong smell. There isn't much to add to it that's gonna smell stronger.

11. Spray Ozium on your joints

Edit: Don't do that ^

• Like Like x 1
  12. The air outside will dissipate the smell. You could always smoke down a bum, I'm sure the body odor will mask any suspicions of why your friends are homeless.

13. #13 Ganjahooplah, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    I would consider getting a vaporizer and vaping concentrates if you have access to those things. Concentrates have a less distinct and pungent smell than flower, and with a vape pen no one will be able to tell that you are smoking cannabis and not nicotine, which is generally more socially accepted and also not illegal.

I've seen concentrate pens online for like $30.

Oh! You can also make cannabis infused e-liquid to smoke in a vape meant for nicotine. If you google it, there are recipes online for how to infuse nicotine free e-cigarette juice with cannabis, the process is similar to making canna-butter from what I've seen, but I've never actually tried it. I can imagine that would be extremely discrete outdoors because the cannabis scent would be minimal, and you would be able to use flavored juice that would help mask the smell.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maybe just don't smoke in a public place? Smoke at home.

15. Smoke in a closet. Made for people already inside. And soiled underpants mask shame.