Changing the image on pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Third3ye, Feb 9, 2005.

1. I've been collecting these thoughts about pot legalization and now I'm going to post about them. This is my little 2 cents worth on what the young generation should do the help pot's image and one day legalization.

I think its important for us to pay attention to all the small things we could do to slightly change society's view on pot. For instance, when people who are against it talk about it. If your teachers start talking bad about it (and you have the oppurtunity to say something) then argue with them. But don't get yourself in trouble. If they ask you if you smoke pot, tell them you do and there is nothing wrong with it. Tell them you know alot of people who smoke it. Argue that its not as bad as Alcohol. Never pass on the oppurtunity to let others know your views on it. Tell your peers you smoke pot. If they say its bad for you, say it isn't.

Another thing to do is bring it out of the underground stoner community. Think about how effective it would be if a blockbuster movie came out that had Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt lighting up a joint or taking a big bong hit. It would be great celeberties and politicians were not ashamed to say they have smoke pot at least once (instead of making up "Didin't Inhale excuses.)

If you plan to be a politician... you know what your job is. But if you want to make movies, music or write books, then write a song about how good pot is and create some characters that smoke pot. If you want to be in the medical field, then definately favor marijuana's medical uses and despise the miracle drugs. Future journalists should be slightly (but not obviously) biased Give it the image of an everyday thing.

What do you guys think? Again, its just my little opinion. If everyone did this, the actions would add up.

2. brad pitss a pot activist : )

3. This year i took an agriculture class and we did parlimentary procedure for a final so a girl said to legalize marijuana and all these skaters and jocks are in my class so they all thought it was a terrible idea because "lots of people would die and not get good grades in school" so me after a wake n bake decided to prove these guys wrong with some facts i knew from norml and grasscity and got a couple more people to second it because i proved my facts and my teacher was one of the first to follow up on it because he personally thinks it would help the economy. but they didnt pass it because there was mostly preps in that class :mad:

4. Important Point, Above:
    These kids are tomorrow's voters. Already, they are brainwashed. Your teacher has awoken from his coma. Kudos for that! And, major Kudos for standing up for our cause in the classroom. Always keep in mind that your teacher cannot say too much about his beliefs because if he does, he can get fired from his job and getting fired for that would surely make it difficult for any other school district to hire him, either. But you, on the other hand, are free to speak the full truth.

You did such a cool thing, standing up for what's right.

Third3ye is right. People in school, from elementary through college, should write reports on marijuana, thesis on marijuana, submit articles to the school newspaper about marijuana, and just, in general, use their imagination and look for places where they can plant the seeds of knowledge.

5. Earthworm, your a really cool dude so far from all the posts and ya know your shit.. Nice seein ya on GC hope to see more of your posts :D:smoke: